Region: Tacoma / Pierce County
Contact: Rose Gallegos
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (253) 565-9895
Fax: (253) 441-2198
- Responsible for the overall audit program for the credit union and for proactively identifying operational and compliance risks and presenting recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations, and for improvements to mitigate identified risks and to conduct investigations of possible improprieties on the part of credit union employees.
- Prepares and submits internal audit findings and the development of reports and recommendations to the Supervisory Committee.
- Reports functionally to the Supervisory Committee and has direct access to the Supervisory Committee to report any impropriety as deemed necessary.
- Follow up of all audits to ascertain that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings and recommendations.
- Stay abreast of relevant policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and credit union trends. Participates in educational opportunities to maintain awareness of regulatory compliance issues, audit, and quality control.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Protects the interest and assets of the organization, individual employees, and members, as well as privacy of member information by following and enforcing all established security procedures and guidelines.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to management on areas of concern and operational efficiencies.
- Continually evaluate and develop each audit area for effectiveness. Audit programs should identify objectives, planned scope of coverage, and procedures to be performed.
- Suggest policy and procedures/system changes to management that will facilitate the credit union’s audit compliance program, reduce overall risk and address compliance gaps.
- Answer questions/assist with training for staff regarding policies and procedures as they related to compliance, audit findings, and ongoing rules/regulatory changes.
- Supports the BSA Officer in ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Two years auditing and/or compliance experience in a financial institution.
- Firm understanding of compliance issues.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.
- Flexibility is necessary so an employee’s job responsibilities may change at any time during employment.
- Bachelor degree accounting/business/auditing/finance
- Credit union experience
- Operational and compliance auditing experience
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, regulations and correspondence
- Well organized with ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy