Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
Under the direction of the VP of Information Technology, the Infrastructure Manager will plan, coordinate, and lead staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, storage and backup systems, and telecommunications system. This leader and team will drive datacenter technology solutions and initiatives throughout the lifecycle from vision, vendor selection, architecture, design, testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance and improvements. The Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
What You Will Be Doing:
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements with business divisions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and partners.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Handle operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network and systems staff, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Proven leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and implement tasks in a fast paced environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Effectively and consistently coaches, provides clarity of desired outcomes, and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
Leadership core competencies:
Leaders at Gesa Credit Union are lifelong learners who, by developing themselves, are better able to grow our team members and our organization as well as serve as influential role models for each other. We believe that every team leader, no matter their position or years of experience, must model and continue to strengthen these competencies which are foundational to our view of leadership and support the achievement of our strategic goals.
- Leading Others
- Developing Others
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Responsibility
- Performance & Results Orientation
What You Will Need:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Previous leadership experience of an infrastructure team.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Network Operating Systems, Architecture, Storage, Servers, and Backups.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.