Indirect Loan Processor
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
The Indirect Loan Processor I ensures that approved indirect loan applications are processed and funded in an accurate and timely manner, meeting all credit union and regulatory requirements. The Indirect Processor I champions and maintains a good rapport with our indirect partners.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Process contracts upon approval instructions from indirect underwriter, ensuring all documentation received from the dealerships is accurate and complete for disbursement
- Confirm all underwriting conditions are met as stipulated in loan approval
- Establish, maintain and update files, databases, and records for reporting
- Fund and create loans
- Connect with indirect business partners via email, phone or in person on the progress of the loan
- Develop knowledge and skills through formal training classes or on-the-job experience
- Proven ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency in a high volume and sometimes stressful work environment
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and be a standout colleague
- Proven ability to process and fund a high volume of loans with a high degree of accuracy
- Contribute to effective department and Credit Union operations by performing other related duties as assigned
- Some travel required to attend credit union training and professional development as approved by a supervisor
Work varying shifts as assigned for open hours Monday through Saturday. Work at the branch location deemed by the Credit Union to support credit Union business needs
- Basic familiarity of a financial institution’s products and services, preferable in a credit union environment
- Extensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy
- Actively participates in community outreach events
What You Will Need:
- 1+ years of similar or related experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven ability to communicate with members or dealers about risk-based lending scores, loan documents, rates, loan decisions and credit union policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of lending products, services, and processes
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and multiple software used to perform duties
- Must be bondable
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.