Indirect Lending Business Development Officer
Beginning Pay Range: $23.79 – $29.74 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Indirect Lending Business Development Office to join our growing and high performing team! This Indirect Lending BDO will have a home base around the Tri-Cities area in Washington (Kennewick, Pasco and Richland). The Indirect Lending Business Development Officer is responsible for managing the sales, marketing and compliance of a group of dealers within an assigned territory. As part of the strategy defined by the Senior Leadership, the Indirect Lending Sales Manager and OCCU business goals, an Indirect Lending BDO is regularly engaged away from OCCU’s facilities; marketing, promoting and obtaining dealership commitment and engagement to utilize OCCU’s Indirect Lending Program services. The Indirect Lending BDO has authority to accomplish Indirect Lending strategies by seeking new dealership relationships, increasing dealer penetration, hosting partnership events, providing training and education, enforcing contractual non-compliance and continuously improving dealer relationships. The Indirect Lending BDO contributes to the strategy, planning and execution of OCCU business objectives by providing consultative, expert advice and market analysis to management.
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Present and sell OCCU Indirect Lending products and services to all levels of management within the dealership.
- Seek new dealer business, while maintaining existing relationships with dealerships.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts made.
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in both independent and franchise dealers.
- Assist dealers with the submission of loan applications and preparation of sales contracts by educating the dealer staff about OCCU expectations, procedures and guidelines.
- Educate and inform dealers about policy, procedure, guideline, expectation, or rate changes as needed.
- Act as a liaison between dealers, underwriting and the Indirect Lending team.
- Keep immediate supervisor apprised of any dealer issues, included but not limited to misrepresentation of applications or deals.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements as they relate to the position.
- Create and continuously improve dealer relationships by visiting each dealer on a scheduled basis.
- Report and record the outcome of each dealer visit daily, per the guidelines for Dealer Management.
- Participate in marketing and partnership events as necessary to carry out the strategies defined by the Sales Manager.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of OCCU materials and keep up to date on competitor financial product knowledge.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Handle and resolve Indirect Lending disputes with members, dealers and branches. Review, manage and update pending complaints in Service Now each day, with a target of no more than 7 days to final remediation.
- Keep management apprised of competitive rates, marketing strategies and other relevant issues that may impact volume.
- Be consistently self-motivated, organized and detail orientated, with a drive for results. Work well independently and in group settings to meet daily and monthly goals.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Exhibit a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with staff, dealer representatives and vendors.
- Be proficient in the use of technology and software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proactively seek and embrace new opportunities and changes that involve technologies, efficiencies, new products, new services and new procedures – resulting in optimum production.
- Follow all BSA regulations, including reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
Minimum of three to five years of similar or related in-dealership experience. Dealer finance experience is strongly preferred.
High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer