Home Loan Sales Manager
Red Canoe Credit Union
Contact: Kim Divine
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 578-5394
The Home Loan Sales Manager oversees the daily sales activities of both the retail and Vendor loan origination departments including but not limited to workflow and operations in the Home Loan department to best serve the membership. This person supervises, coaches and delivers performance feedback to the Home Loan Sales team on sales skills, lending guidelines and policies, compliance, pipeline management and member service. This person tracks production, identifies issues and opportunities and delivers feedback to the sales team in support of department goals. The Home Loan Sales Manager will ensure timely and accurate services are provided by demonstrating managerial leadership, direction and effective monitoring of performance and establish departmental and individual goals and objectives that are consistent with the operating plan.
This position is responsible for assisting in organizing and implementing new processes or procedures in the front office as well as assisting management with meeting staffing needs within the department and maintaining open communication with all department personnel. The Home Loan Sales Manager will oversee and manage Vendor relationships with CU Members, CUSO Mortgage and any additional approved Vendors and develop and maintain productive internal partnerships to increase mortgage referrals meet member experience objectives and grow cross-sell opportunities. This person will carry a small pipeline and perform all duties required to ensure compliance with the SAFE Act. This position is considered a Mortgage Loan Originator and requires the MLO to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SERVES AS A MANAGER. Acts as daily Manager of the Home Loan Officer “front office” staff; evaluates performance/work quality; ensures that standards of service and efficiency are maintained; answers questions and solves any problems within the department. Recruit, manage, develop and retain a team of sales employees who originate mortgage loans, manage pipelines and develop referral sources in line with Red Canoe brand standards and core values.
LEADERSHIP & STAFF DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for the professional development through effective and honest coaching, mentoring and training to develop and encourage employee growth. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance evaluations and monitor performance. Recruit, manage, develop and retain a team of sales employees who originate mortgage loans, manage pipelines and develop referral sources in line with Red Canoe brand standards and core values. Works with the AVP of Home Loans and HR regarding employee progressive disciplinary actions.
TRAINING- Assures that staff has adequate training so that they may perform their duties to the highest of standards. Manages performance and modifies activities as needed for improvement.
Recommends promotions, probations, terminations and special department training. Ensures effective utilization of subordinates through training, directing and motivating.
COMPLIANCE. Observes policies and procedures and all applicable laws & regulations; works with AVP of Home Lending to ensure Quality Control and Quality Assurance guidelines are being met; make recommendations for improvements; ensures departmental adherence and monitors and tracks training. Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of all Mortgage products and programs.
PLANNING/BUDGETING. Assists management in developing short/long-term goals and creation of the annual budget for home lending (front office).
STAFFING– Ensure adequate staffing is maintained at all times as to deliver the highest possible quality service to the members.
OTHER CRITICAL JOB & MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
- Works closely with Business Development Specialist to build and maintain relationships with Realtors, Title, Escrow, and Insurance Agents and other strategic partners in the community.
- Plan, develop and lead the sales team in the execution of mortgage-specific outbound/outreach programs for current Red Canoe members.
Reviews loan requests for approval or denial for employee loan requests and member loan requests.
- Directs the work of employees in the Home Loan Department (front office) by coordinating workflow.
- Assists management in formulating lending policy recommendations for approval and development of organizational strategy.
Analyzes each application for cross-selling opportunities.
Reviews title policies, subordination requests, and other legal documents.
Annually reviews documents and forms in all relevant technological systems. Update or request updates if needed.
- Creates and monitors budgets for the department.
- Updates procedure manual as needed.
- Schedules and updates weekly Department Calendar for vacation requests and Saturday department coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Performance Management/Evaluations. Make daily observations to create coaching opportunity.
- Training/Cross-Training. Evaluate departmental needs and responsibilities to ensure adequately trained staff.
- Staff Relations. Assures an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork is maintained in the department.
- Accountable for the quality of work within the front office department.
- Assigns, directs, coordinates and reviews work within department.
- General Oversight. Ensures that proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of the work area are maintained.
- Maintains highest level of staff work production possible with the resources available.
- Workflow Management. Effectively manage workflow on a daily basis by developing reporting systems for monitoring completion of all duties.
- Positive/Professional Image. Provide consistent quality service and project a positive and professional image of the credit union to internal and external members/clients.
- Training/Education. Personal participation in continuing professional training and education as approved by supervisor.
- Office Hours. Keep consistent and usual office hours, in keeping with RED CANOE CREDIT UNION practices. May work additional hours, including Saturdays, holidays, etc. as may be required or needed.
- Responsible for business continuity planning/response/resumption for immediate department/branch.
- Keeps Senior Management Informed. Maintain on-going communication with management concerning activities of the department as well as needs or problems.
- Records/Reports. Assures departmental reports, records, and statistics are consistently and carefully maintained.
- CU Goals. Helps achieve credit union goals by meeting minimum standards for the department.
- Ensures members are waited on in a timely fashion and phones answered quickly without prompting.
- Policy/Procedures. Observes procedures as outlined in the Home Loan Department procedure manual, employee reference guide, and security manual.
- Compliance Assurance. Assures employee adherence to internal controls to ensure compliance with credit union goals, objectives, policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Cooperate With Examiners. Work with credit union examiners/auditors preparing/gathering necessary information and providing them with assistance as requested.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associates degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage products and applicable policies and standards.
- At least five years of progressive experience in lending related positions. Administrative and supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience in manually underwriting loans to Fannie Mae guidelines.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be able to make decisions; handle the complexities of the position; and be organized.
- Skilled in use of typewriter, calculator, computer terminal or PCs, and other office machines.
- Developed oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of lending.
- Skilled to organize, handle detail and supervise others.
- Ability to hear by telephone and in person
- Ability to read English by sight; and, both speak and write English
- Mature and responsible individual
- Neatness in appearance.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Ability to organize work, transmit working skills to new employees and to motivate present employees.
- Personally stable in own financial affairs.
- This position reports directly to the AVP of Home Lending. May have day-to-day contact with employees, management team, members, Board of Directors, and outside organizations.