Home Loan Consultant
America's Credit Union
The Home Loan Consultant will be responsible for originating all mortgage loans offered by ACU and working in multiple locations and branches. The HLC will conduct initial pre-qualification interviews, and prepare complete loan application packages, ensuring that scheduling and documentation requirements and production expectations are met. The Home Loan Consultant will be the primary contact with all members/borrowers from the initial consultation, explanation of all available and appropriate programs, continuing through the approval and closing process. This position will report directly to the Mortgage Production Manager.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in community functions and other real estate oriented organizational activities to increase the Credit Union’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities
- Presents mortgage program options and transactional knowledge at Home Buyer workshops and VA Buyer Classes
- Handles all incoming branch referrals and applications; contacts members and makes appointments for meetings, traveling to branches as necessary
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Determines member financing objectives and discusses loan options, credit criteria, and interest rates
- Provides members with all required disclosures; works with processor to ensure all documents are properly prepared prior to underwriting
- Monitors application processing for accuracy and efficiency and communicates loan status to members in a timely manner; implements process improvements to increase member service and efficiency
- Reviews loan applications and advises members of loan policies, rate information and promotions; cross-sells credit union products and services
- Monitors & recommends rate modifications for credit union lending programs; stays abreast on competitor promotions and product offerings
- Advises member of credit approval or denial; explains loan denials precisely and clearly to members, providing alternative solutions to elicit positive responses from members.
- Performs follow-up work as necessary to achieve conditional approval within established time frames. Works with members to gather all necessary financial information for approval
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all credit union mortgage products and services
- Acts as a resource to staff by answering questions related to mortgage lending practices, policies and procedures
- Participates in ongoing mortgage lending training and remains current on all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines impacting mortgage lending
- Maintains ongoing communication with Mortgage Operations Manager and Mortgage Production Manager, informing of any new developments, changes or other pertinent information within the area of responsibility
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.