Home Equity Loan Processor
Beginning Pay Range: $18.31 – $22.89 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Home Equity Loan Processor to join our growing and high performing team! The primary function of the Home Equity Loan Processor is to ensure timely and accurate processing, through completion on all Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit submitted online, via LSI, or by other OCCU team members. The Home Equity Loan Processor works collaboratively and tenaciously to obtain all necessary information, submit to underwriting, collect appropriate documentation to clear underwriting conditions, ensure TRID compliance and regulatory guidelines are met each step of the way, obtain necessary items to fund, and record and close the loan file.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Review and analyze initial loan application and supporting documentation provided, evaluating if additional documentation will be needed to satisfy loan conditions for approval.
- Work closely with underwriting to order necessary reports and additional reports as needed.
- Accurately input information in loan origination system (LOS) to ensure TRID requirements are met.
- Follow TRID regulations when disclosing Loan Estimate, Change in Circumstances and Closing Disclosure.
- Effectively communicate with internal staff and loan originators during handoff.
- Work closely with title companies.
- Record Deed of Trust with the proper county.
- Sustain a pipeline report of loans efficiently and accurately and review daily to ensure loans are moving forward in a timely manner.
- Maintain detailed notes within LOS throughout entire loan transaction.
- Effectively communicate with Managers and Senior Loan Representatives on all TRID and disclosure timing related items.
- Confirm and schedule closing/funding dates and coordinate signing.
- Properly review all signed loan documents for accuracy prior to funding.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and ensure priority responsibilities are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Provide exceptional service to our members and other Credit Union departments. This includes providing prompt responses, creative problem solving and being flexible while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
- Stay current on products, procedure and other pertinent changes. Attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform the job.
- Complete work independently in a multi-task environment and as a part of a team.
- Operate under regulation, quality control and department required timelines. Identify and communicate issues which may prevent reaching these timelines.
- Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Two to five years of similar or related experience.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of home equity products and processes.
- Experience using LPQ software with home equity products preferred.
Equivalent to a high school education. Two-year college degree preferred.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer