Financial Solutions Assistant Manager
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly monitors consumer, loan portfolios. Reviews accounts for potential modification. Works to ensure continued strength and stability of loan portfolio.
- Ensures effective Financial Solutions support and service by providing leadership and supervision. Plans, organizes and supervises the work of staff.
- Participates in staff selection. Provides training and coaching and appraises performance. Provides feedback to Lending management regarding job performance of staff.
- Pursues communication with defaulted members; offers potential workout alternatives or payment plans. Makes charge off recommendations as necessary.
- Analyzes borrowers situation and collateral risk. Identifies, recommends, and negotiates varied alternative solutions appropriate to loss mitigation and asset preservation. Provides quotes and pay-off amounts.
- Represent the Credit Union at legal proceedings; testifies as required.
- Provides business lending support through collateral monitoring, site visits, and collateral valuation.
- Regularly performs skip tracing and borrower research.
- Utilizes strong system and best-practice knowledge to ensure effective departmental workflows, regulatory compliance, and accuracy.
- Continuously improves team member competencies through training, developed educational programs, and mentorship.
- Reviews referrals of non-delinquent borrowers. Contacts borrow to provide alternatives that support ownership retention.
- Ensures that requested/required documentation is accurate, complete, up to date and in full receipt. Maintains accurate files and collection activity system updates.
- Regularly reports delinquency information to leadership; makes next step escalation recommendations/decisions, as appropriate.
- Works to actively to identify and communicate loan underwriting delinquency causing trends; provides potential solutions
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
High school diploma. Bachelors degree in Business Administration or similar, preferred. Minimum five years of progressively responsible collection experience within a consumer lending and real estate environment. Minimum two years supervisory experience.
Requirements Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of collection related regulatory guidelines and applicable laws.
- Ability to select, lead, motivate and develop staff for optimum performance.
- Proven ability to perform skip tracing and delinquent borrower research.
- Ability to influence others with a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Proven ability to consult with, and advise Members, effectively and respectfully.
- Outstanding communication ability, both verbal and written. Strong listening skills.
- Basic understanding of mortgage lending and servicing.
- Proven problem solving, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office; Excel specifically.
- Ability to obtain advanced knowledge of collection tracking system.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise independent judgment and analysis.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and remain flexible as priorities shift.