Financial Services Specialist
Northwest Community Credit Union
Position Primary Purpose:
Promotes a sales and service culture by effectively meeting members’ needs. Actively engages with members by greeting, personalizing interactions, uncovering financial needs, making recommendations for financial services, providing follow-up, with a sense of urgency and professional demeanor.
- Approaches, welcomes, and engages all visitors who come into the branch. Manages the traffic flow of members with a sense of urgency to provide minimal wait times.
- Engages members and visitors through asking relevant and meaningful questions, getting to know their needs, making appropriate product and service recommendations, and developing customized follow-up plan with the member as appropriate.
- Opens new member accounts, including certificate of deposits (CDs), money market, checking, and savings accounts.
- Submits and books consumer loan applications and answers basic consumer lending questions.
- Offers payment protection and explains debt cancellation options.
- Explains the differences between a Home Equity Loan and Mortgage Loan to members and coordinates referrals to appropriate team or team member.
- Performs and balances daily teller transactions and all other member transaction activity. Processes cash orders, completes wire transactions, issues debit cards, balances ATM, cash recyclers, and vault.
- Records detailed notes to document member interactions, complex situations, and transactions to minimize lapse in employee communication or member service.
- Understands and complies with federal and state regulations relating to financial products and services as well as NWCU policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (GED equivalent) with previous experience in a Teller or Financial Services Representative, or equivalent, role. A minimum of one (1) year of service in a cash handling and sales environment in a credit union or other financial institution. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with members to identify member needs and cross-sell products and services. Must be fully proficient in all credit union systems and applicable hardware.