Financial Services Officer
Maps Credit Union
Sales and Service – Deposit Products
- Provide service to personal or business members by opening, setting up or performing maintenance on the following types of accounts or services: savings, checking, and certificate accounts, online banking, debit cards, direct deposit, and automatic transfers. Provide information on current promotions and loan products. Answer questions in person and/or over the phone.
- Further enhance member relationships by assessing member needs and recommending additional products and services. Explain features and advantages of accounts or services to promote sales.
- Assist members by opening and maintaining IRA accounts. Process IRA deposits and withdrawals within established guidelines and regulations.
Sales and Service – Loan Products
1.__ Provide loan information and conduct loan interviews with potential applicants to analyze loan needs. Explain loan options, rates, and terms; explain features and advantages of credit insurance products to promote sales.
2.__ Process loan applications and obtain reports and information from credit reporting agencies. Review and approve loans within credit guidelines and authority established by Director of Consumer Lending. Make recommendations to Branch Manager and/or Lending Center on all loans outside of established limits. Prepare loan documents and disburse proceeds as needed.
3.__ Disclose loan payment, repayment, and interest charges to borrower consistent with credit union policy and governmental regulations. Cross-sell credit insurance products.
4.__ Consult with applicants whose loans have been denied; assist in finding alternate financing as needed.
5.__ Provide loan payoff figures and bluebook information; act as a general resource for loan information.
Operations, Security and Compliance
- Follow regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related policies.
2.__ Maintain operational knowledge by staying informed of policies and procedures.
3.__ Comply with Credit Union and Smart Cash (if applicable) operations and security procedures by preparing currency transaction reports, suspicious activity reports, participating in dual control functions, and adhering to authority limits, policies and procedures.
4.__ Maintain confidentiality and protect credit union operations by keeping negotiable instruments, cash, keys and member and/or credit union information secure at all times.
Professional Knowledge and Development
- Maintain credit union workflow by cooperating with co-workers and providing necessary information to the appropriate people.
- Enhance job performance by applying up to date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions and reviewing professional publications.
- Participate in committee and team projects outside the branch as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Continuously strive to meet organizational objectives through personal and branch goals.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.__ Act in absence of Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager as needed.
- Function as a teller and retail financial service representative as needed:
- Provide and/or process the following account services to members according to credit union established procedures: deposit and loan payments; check cashing; travelers checks; redeeming savings bonds; access safe deposit box; answer questions in person and/or over the phone.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer, checks, travelers checks, cashiers checks, and money orders within established policy limits.
- If applicable, provide and/or process retail financial transactions and services to customers according to established Smart Cash procedures and policies. Transactions and services include, but are not limited to: check cashing; money orders; wire transfers; foreign currency exchange; payday loans; bill payment; prepaid products; answer questions in person and/or over the phone.
- Contribute to attaining Credit Union and Smart Cash (if applicable) objectives by accomplishing related results as assigned.