Financial Service Specialist Level I
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union
Region: Milwaukie, OR
Contact: Ronna Idzenga
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 653-4392
A Financial Service Specialist I will perform teller and clerical duties in our Milwaukie, OR branch location. Responsible for daily transaction processing, account opening and adding services as requested by the membership. Expected to offer additional products and services to enhance member relationships and assist members with solutions to achieve their personal financial goals, including initial loan interview and documentation. Expected to refer members to appropriate personnel for advanced member services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the credit union to existing and potential members in a positive, open, and receptive manner
- Act as the first response on teller line for processing of daily loan & share transactions to include, withdrawals, deposits, loan payments, etc.
- Assist members with initial loan applications, subsequent loan requests and loan documentation
- Handle incoming calls and assist or direct accordingly within approved authority
- Report processing and record organization, and process accounting functions as assigned
- Maintain branch lobby for appearance and resources
- Maintain supply of new member packets
- Recommend ancillary products & services when processing member transactions
- Respond to member requests, problems or complaints with solutions or direct them to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Responsible for managing assigned activities by expected deadlines, communicating to supervisor if unable to do so
- Perform all duties in conformance with federal and state regulations
- Maintain work, records, and workspace in an organized manner to ensure timely, accurate service to members, by yourself or others
- Maintain effective communication with all credit union employees and management to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing credit union goals
- Provide support to fellow employees as needed
- Meet annual required training, and complete specialized training as needed
- Assume responsibility for related and other duties as required or assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Proficiency in use of office machines and data processing systems
- Ability to accurately handle cash transactions and data entry of member information
- Experience or aptitude for working with the public
- Exhibit willingness to help people
- Display an aptitude for learning and accepting new concepts
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair wage decisions about jobs.
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union operates on the belief that being a not-for-profit financial cooperative means that our members profit by giving them higher rates on savings, lower rates on loans, and a wide range of services at little or no cost, to help them reach their financial goals and achieve overall financial wellness at any stage of life. As a designated Community Development Financial Institution, we empower our staff with resources and training that align our social mission with satisfying our members’ unique and varied financial needs.
Our Belief Statement:
Not-for-profit means you profit!
There’s a Revolution underway. A Movement towards a different way of banking. It puts people ahead of profits. It means we’ll spend more time with you. We’ll be flexible, fair, and responsive. We’ll take care of business like we’ve been doing since 1953. We know bold ideas can change the world. This is for everyone who believes there has to be a better way. Be a part of our Revolution.
Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodation to apply for this position.