Financial Advocate – Rove
Central Willamette Credit Union
Contact: Kim Hallock
Phone: (541) 918-7460
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to work branch hours including Saturdays
• Must have the ability to work at multiple branch locations
• Act as a member’s personal financial advocate who, reviews member information, evaluates member needs and aggressively seeks out and suggests opportunities that best meet the needs of the member.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and be able to communicate services effectively to members.
• Increase and retain products and services used per household through quality sales and service to meet individual and branch goals
• Work closely with the Branch Manager to market services to existing members and attract new members.
• Develop relationships as a single point of contact for appropriate members and ensure their on-going satisfaction with the Credit Union.
• Meet target services, deposit, loan, and membership sales goals as required.
• Provide regular on going feedback to the Branch Manager regarding the activities, status, and needs of the branch
• Provide meaningful member feedback concerning Credit Union products and services.
• Demonstrate use of skills learned in Integrity Selling to attract and retain loyal members.
• Input sales activities in sales tracking logs to track production.
• Perform outbound sales and follow-up calls to meet sales and services standards.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of consumer lending, deposit services; including IRA, POA, Trust Accounts, Business Accounts, etc.
• Interview, discuss, and accurately process consumer loan applications. Review all incoming documentation for completeness and required signatures.
• Interview, discuss, and accurately process memberships, products and account related maintenance. Review all incoming documentation for completeness and required signatures.
• Accurately perform accounting and lending maintenance as necessary.
• Counsel members on the advantages and costs of credit union products (i.e. Insurance Agency, Wealth Management Services, MBP, Gap, and Debt Protection).
• Counsel members in other financial areas such as general credit matters and how to build credit or repair credit.
• Research and resolve member complaints, questions and inquiries.
• Accept savings and loan payments from members in person, mail, or by phone. Disburse LOC advances, cash advances, and withdrawals. Document all cash transactions on receipt. Transfer funds between members’ accounts.
• Balance cash drawer, ATM, CDM, and vault.
• Ability to open and close the branch on a daily basis in a quick and efficient manner.
• Cooperate and work with co workers as a team member.
• Complete all education, training, and professional development required for the position.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Attend training and comply with CWCCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Proficient math and accounting skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
• Good organizational and clerical skills, including calculator and keyboarding.
• Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
• Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, and outside contacts.
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member, by using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
• Ability to process large volumes of account transactions with accurately and efficiently.
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent problem resolution, negotiating, leadership and coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
• Good interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably retail service or sales
• Proficient math skills with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving
• Must possess previous sales skills and abilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be goal oriented with a strong desire to exceed established expectations.
• Strong desire to market and sell Credit Union products and services.
• Effectively able to manage multiple projects and work through constant interruptions.
• Ability to flex schedule to meet the needs of members, to include working weekends and evenings.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Working knowledge of current State, Federal, and other regulations applicable to consumer lending and savings.
• Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required, as well as reliable personal transportation.
• Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
• Ability to sit or stand within proximity of a computer terminal for extended periods.
• Vision (or corrected) to the normal range