Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Facilities Technician is responsible for ensuring general maintenance and basic building improvements are completed timely and well to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
• Assist the Facilities Manager in coordinating, prioritizing and planning maintenance and repair projects for buildings in Portland metro area including Salem and Vancouver.
• Use on-line systems to schedule, track, and fulfill service requests and maintain logs and records of maintenance and repairs.
• Perform a variety of maintenance duties such as minor plumbing, carpentry and wall repairs, replacing hardware, painting and some mechanical and/or office furnishing duties.
• Perform monthly maintenance and routine inspections, including of safety equipment, general walk-throughs of facilities to identify and schedule general repairs, and monitor and adjust thermostat controls seasonally.
• Assist with oversight of capital improvements construction projects.
• Set up meetings, control storage and disposal of certain assets and other duties as assigned.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• A minimum of two years of experience in a maintenance, facilities/building technician or equivalent role.
• Competencies in operating a variety of hand tools, portable power tools and with lighting and plumbing materials.
• Basic experience and knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
• A valid driver’s license, good driving record and proof of current insurance.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and overtime including availability on occasion for weekends and evenings as needed.
• Requires reliability in meeting deadlines and schedules, accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to work well with others and maintain composure while under pressure.
• CPR certification or ability to get certified within the first 12 months required.
Please apply at our website: www.unitusccu.com/careers/