External- Home Loan Officer
Gesa Credit Union
What you will be Doing:
- Meet the minimum established individual goals each month.
- Make in person calls on real estate agents and brokers, financial advisors, builders and other potential referral sources to develop borrower leads. It is expected the External Loan Officer will spend significant time out of the office selling loan products and generating leads.
- Meet prospective clients at locations outside of Gesa as needed.
- Attend Open houses and other industry events as needed.
- There are no set working hours and External Loan Officers are expected to schedule their work as needed to be successful.
- Ensure that all approved loans follow established loan standards and have zero errors.
- Demonstrate a proven understanding of all mortgage products and rates, both within Credit Union and from the industry overall.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Interview members for residential mortgage loans, explain financing and mortgage programs and their requirements.
- Advise members of results of preliminary financial analysis.
- Calculate Loan Estimates.
- Track status of loans, process loan in a timely manner.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities
- Build positive relationships with real estate agents and members of the community to increase production of loan sales.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best interest of the credit union. Lead by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times.
- Control risk and perform duties in a safe and sound manner.
- Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism. Consistently display respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Ability to make quality decisions in a timely manner with utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to promote and maintain a productive work environment.
What You Will Need:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience; mortgage lending experience desired.
- High school diploma; or equivalent completion of specialized course of study, training, and experience.
- Obtain and maintain valid NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Identification (MLO) Number.
- Extensive knowledge of conforming and non-conforming loans as defined by the secondary market desired.
- Experience with Desktop Underwriting or other lending-specific software desired.
- Experience in the development of new business through calling on the real estate community and membership in professional organizations desired with a proven outside sales track record.
- Experience in loan origination consistent with FNMA guidelines, as well as FHA and VA loan originations desired.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment, lending software, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Independent travel is required to achieve training and business objectives.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.