External Ancillary Representative
Starting Pay Range: $19.00 – $23.49 per hour
Location: Eugene, Oregon
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As an External Ancillary Representative, you will initiate Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance (GAP) refunds on behalf of OCCU members who have purchased a non-OCCU ancillary product. You will categorize and update information during each phase of the process, accurately process documentation post-payoff within a specified timeframe, collaborate with the Indirect Lending and Titles teams as well as assist Member Contact Center staff and members as needed. You will also act as a liaison between Credit Services and Repossession teams regarding claim status updates.
Every day you will:
- Contact companies that have sold non-OCCU ancillary products (including GAP).
- Process documents as required by procedures and guidelines. Update information as necessary to ensure complete and accurate information is available. Ensure notes are updated in all systems.
- Utilize reports, process forms and submit them to the appropriate external organizations to request refunds on behalf of the member per their requirements.
- Print required notices as needed and mail to the member.
- Process returned mail per policy and guidelines. Flag member accounts as needed.
- Act as liaison with GAP administrators on behalf of OCCU teams and members.
- Process GAP claims for loans with balances due to total loss circumstances after the insurance check is received. Order required police reports and monitor status from initiation to completion.
- Process incoming claim payments and refund checks via member accounts or OCCU general ledgers (GL) for closed accounts. Issue cashier’s checks to members as appropriate. Balance GL accounts daily.
- Communicate with other departments, managers or dealers to resolve any obstacles preventing timely refund initiations.
- Respond to incoming calls and emails from OCCU staff or members in a timely manner. Assist with requests or route to the appropriate contact when needed.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- A minimum six months of similar or relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with ancillary products provided by dealerships, helpful.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer