Point West Credit Union
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and strategic services to the CEO, Elected Board Members and Committee Volunteers and Managers. Responsible for day-to-day coordination of activities as related to administrative functions. Supports human resource and facilities functions. Participates in programs to promote the Credit Union within the community and advocates for credit union initiatives at the local, state and national levels.
An Excerpt of Essential Functions
- Acts as key Liaison between Management, Elected Board Members and Committee Volunteers, Examiners, Regulators, Employees, Vendors, Members, Community Partners, and the community at large. Consistently emanates energetic, professional and savvy demeanor to facilitate positive and collaborative outcomes.
- Manages scheduling and task coordination of the Management Team and PWCU Guests (e.g. Planning Session Facilitator or Board Meeting presenters). Scheduling includes onsite/offsite coordination, travel arrangements, registrations, for individuals and for team events. Task coordination includes business VISA reconciliations, certification renewals for individuals and any corporate memberships.
- Manages and maintains the timely and accurate upkeep/dissemination of corporate and strategic documents, including but not limited to: board policies, governance documents and bylaw amendments, strategic business plans, supervisory committee documents, audit/exam documents for the State of Oregon, NCUA and associated regulatory bodies, etc.
- Executes cyclical filing/dissemination of corporate information. For example: volunteer documentation updates to State of Oregon; verification of Volunteer information on 5300; Exam Entry and Exit Letters, assisting in Exam or Grant preparation, etc.
- Manages and maintains the Volunteer website portal and training tools, including access/disablement, content, trouble-shooting, and communicating with leaders if standards for usage are achieved.
- Compiles monthly board and committee meeting documents for dissemination. Coordinates with the Internal Auditor regarding dissemination of information for Supervisory Committee.
- Coordinates logistics for Volunteer (board meeting, board planning session) and strategic (annual meeting) events. Coordinate staff resources, facilities, food, third-party travel arrangements and vendors.
- Serves a recording secretary, writing meeting minutes to accurately capture the important actions of the board and committee meetings.
- Coordinates All Staff events, working in conjunction with the Culture Committee and Key Personnel, based on event type (e.g., potlucks, Late Starts, CULAC, Holiday Party, community events, Member Appreciation, etc.). Creates agenda and facilitates all staff Late Start meetings.
- Manages facilities functions with contracted building personnel and facility vendors. Maintains and coordinates scheduled maintenance, and effectively addresses unscheduled needs in a timely manner. Assists with non-routine facilities quotes and projects.
- Coordinates vendor management program. Works with key team members to vet contracts and risk.
- Supports the recruitment and onboarding process for new hires.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, communications, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in progressively responsible executive assistant positions preferred.
Point West’s Declaration of Beliefs
The world is changing, but what we stand for will not. We will continue to educate, provide access, and be a Point of Opportunity for every member of our community. If moving forward as an individual feels impossible, the community is here to help us all take the first step. We stand with our members – all of our members.
As a financial institution, our values are what define us and guide our actions. We know in a capitalist society, you vote with your dollars, and we thank you for standing with us in creating a legacy of support and inclusion.
We believe in an inclusive community. We believe in our people. We believe in you.