Enterprise Risk Management Specialist
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is growing and has a job opening for a full-time hourly, hybrid work eligible Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist to work out of our beautiful corporate office in Kitsap County Washington, in downtown Bremerton or Seattle. This position is responsible for the documentation, coordination, and support of KCU’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. This position supports our Third-party Service Provider (TSP) vendor management processes, business continuity processes, and various risk assessment processes. This role will ensure internal control documentation is maintained, complete, and accurate.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Director of Risk Management
Employment Type: Full-time, hourly $25.75+ Depending on Experience
Working hours: Monday – Friday
Job Functions: Vendor Management, Business Continuity Planning, Risk Assessment
Typical Job Duties
- Assists in the growth and development of KCU’s ERM Program
- Proactively identifies risks in processes, departments, and vendors. Assists with developing and implementing controls to mitigate the risks
- Supports business unit leaders in the selection, oversight, and monitoring of KCU’s third party service providers (TSPs) in compliance with the Vendor Management Policy and Program. This includes ongoing due diligence, risk assessment, insurance tracking, contract review, and vendor classification
- Supports KCU’s Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Policy by coordinating regular BCP tasks including team response plan updates, business impact analysis (BIAs), threat risk assessment (TRA), BCP online site and mobile application support, crisis notification, annual tabletop, and ongoing tests and exercises
- Understands and implements vendor management requirements. Stay current with FFIEC and DFI/NCUA guidance on vendor management and help to integrate requirements into the methodology
This role may be right for you if you enjoy taking a wholistic approach to minimizing potential risks for an organization. You pride yourself on your eye for detail and ability to understand complex information. Your previous employers praise your ability to work both independently and with others, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to see how small decisions have a big picture impact. Your friends consider you analytical, and your family is proud of your ability to build relationships with others.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years’ experience in vendor management processes, and in performing risk assessments, analyzing risk exposures, and recommending mitigating risk controls
- Previous experience in Business Continuity Planning
- Prior financial institution experience
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******