E-Services Support Specialist
Beginning Pay Range: $16.37 – $20.46 per hour
OCCU is looking for experienced E-Services Support Specialists. The E-Services Support Specialist provides accurate and timely information to members and staff regarding ACH, Sharedrafts, Wires, ATM transactions, Internet Banking and Bill Pay and other research requests.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Assist all E-Services Support team members with general activities of the E-Services Support Department including (but not limited to) ACH processing, Share Draft and wire processing, ATM balancing, bill payments, Shared Branching, remote deposit capture, mail processing, inter-office mail sorting, vault maintenance and front desk coverage.
- Scan and process checks in both physical and electronic formats (Remote Deposit Capture) submitted via various channels, providing review and reporting to minimize fraudulent transactions. Adjust accounts and place extended holds if necessary.
- Perform vault maintenance activities including inventory control, filing, retrieval, time stamping, copying, scanning, shipping to offsite storage, record destruction, etc.
- Assist with front desk coverage. Ensure members are waited upon by appropriate staff members in an efficient manner. Ensure that all visitors are properly checked in and provided with a visitor, auditor, or vendor badge and that all badges are returned when visitors leave. Provide general reception and clerical support such as answering phones, directing visitors, providing assistance, making sure doors are locked/unlocked, alerting recipients of visitors, accepting packages, etc.
- Assist staff with member related research and provide resolutions. Answer inquiries and resolve discrepancies by collecting, researching, analyzing, copying and mailing data and documents.
- Perform account opening and closing per member requests due to fraud as well as CIF consolidations.
- Process subpoena and VOD requests within a timely matter when requested by issuing agencies.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting transactions and verifying account information. Balance general ledger accounts daily, weekly or monthly.
- Develop and maintain relevant policies and procedures for E-Services Support processes.
- Stay abreast of regulation changes with NACHA, Regulation E, Regulation CC and the electronic payments industry to ensure proper management of internal processes.
- Perform audits periodically to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations and OCCU policies and procedures.
- Provide insight and support in developing and implementing new E-Services Support operational activities which may require participation as a subject matter expert.
- Maintain vendor relationships and provide communication regarding changes.
- Research, gather information and prepare documentation to support Credit Union initiatives.
- Maintain accuracy in all work performed.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Provide support during business continuity plan events and down system events.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- At least one to three years similar or related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer