Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
Rogue Credit Union
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator is responsible for enabling a culture of belonging and continuous learning through the inception, design, implementation and delivery of programs, proposals and tools. Creates and executes Rogue’s DEI program in coordination with the credit union’s strategic priorities and Loyalty philosophy under the direction of senior management. Ensures policies and procedures align with and support Rogue’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
25% Develops, implements and monitors programs and processes that promote and sustain diversity, equity and inclusion in conjunction with the Employee Development Manager and Vice President (VP) of Loyalty & Employee Experience. Reviews and recommends processes and procedures that address issues of disproportionality, diversity and cultural competency.
20% Designs, coordinates and facilitates training, presentations and other learning opportunities that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
15% Identifies DEI opportunities and builds advocacy for diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Fosters the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive environment. Provides assistance, advice, coaching and consultation to management and team members in conjunction with the Employee Development Manager and VP of Loyalty & Employee Experience.
15% Facilitates DEI Employee Resource Group meetings in conjunction with the VP of Loyalty & Employee Experience and under the direction of senior management. Reports on the status of DEI programs and goals to VP of Loyalty & Employee Experience. Ensures timely communication of DEI efforts with stakeholders and with all team members as needed.
10% Collaborates with Employee Services to develop employment strategies for the employee experience pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion. Assists in retaining, recruiting and hiring employees from diverse backgrounds.
5% Engages with DEI stakeholders both internally and within the community to build strategic working relationships that support DEI programs, strategies and goals. Represents Rogue Credit Union at external diversity events to promote the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
5% Assists with training facilitation including new employee onboarding, supervisor onboarding, professional development series (PDS) or other training classes as assigned. Assists the department with event planning and execution.
5% Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner.
- Adheres to and maintains all credit union promotional, regulatory and policy compliance requirements including compliance with any Federal and State laws.
- Meets or exceeds the established departmental and individual goals in order to achieve in meeting the credit union’s goals and scorecard metrics.
- Maintains and demonstrates a thorough understanding of credit union products, services, policies and procedures. Stays current regarding governmental regulations affecting this position and the credit union.
- Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrates technical skills and the ability to provide quality service to ensure maximum growth.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently. Effectively priorities and stays on top of workload and projects, completing them timely. Works efficiently and minimizes downtime. Successfully meets all deadlines and completes all duties assigned.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. Has the ability to persuade and garner support without being pushy or offensive. Practices active listening in communications with others, giving full attention and listening to understand, not just respond.
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver who drives complex projects with minimal guidance or oversight.
- Consistently makes serving team members and members a top priority. Promotes teamwork and works effectively with all departments and branches.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing, or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Eye for detail, accuracy and quality. Strong creative thinking and complex problem-solving skills. High level of member service and interpersonal skills required to be successful include loyalty, trustworthiness and the ability to instill confidence in people. Strong analytical and interpretation skills. Strong functional skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Physical Requirements: Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
Work Environment: Normal workday with occasional overtime. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Note: Rogue Credit Union is a drug free workplace and requires a drug screening test within 48 hours of employment offer.
Rogue Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method, please call (541) 622-7577 or email email@example.com.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.