Director of Retail
Central Willamette Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and passionately serves as the head of CW’s sales and service culture
- Promotes, monitors and manages to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and financial results.
- Participates in setting annual goals.
- Takes a proactive approach to excellent member service, requiring the highest service excellence from all branches to create raving fans.
- Contributes to the growth plans for retail branch/product/service expansion. Researches and recommends new opportunities, evaluates performance, and stays abreast of market conditions and industry trends. Researches and recommends improvements to the existing product and service lines.
- Collaborates closely with Remote Delivery, Operations, Marketing, Business Development Officers, Business Services, Real Estate, Wealth Management, Lending, Training and other departments as necessary to build the sales and service culture and drive growth.
- Provides and cultivates team leadership that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise and conduct.
- Understands CW’s strategy and cascades messaging to all branches.
- Visits branches regularly focusing on leading and coaching Branch staff.
- Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring and training to branch management.
- Cultivates avenues for community involvement that enhance CW’s presence and provide avenues for Business Development.
- Develops and executes an annual branch strategy, anticipates obstacles to achieving the plan and makes course corrections when necessary.
- Works with and through branch management to oversee the day to day operations, workforce planning and goal achievement of the Credit Union’s branches.
- Recommend and implement policies, procedures and programs to create operational efficiencies within the branches.
- Leads and provides developmental opportunities for all team members while promoting an environment of teamwork, effective communication, empowerment and collaboration.
- Develops cross-functional teams with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and growth results by providing ongoing coaching and training.
- Develops and submits for approval an operating plan and budget, including staffing projections, for all branches.
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Ensure self and branch teams attend training and comply with all policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Passion, grit, resiliency, and a strong sense that “sales is service” which will lead to building better lives for our members and strengthening the bottom line.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain programs, plans and initiatives.
- Ability to determine best course of action within a wide array of choices.
- Demonstrated experience in building and coaching a team to high performance levels using positive reinforcement, while providing clear feedback and follow through.
- Ability to assess and implement organizational changes.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving, customer service, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong staff development and leadership skills.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent planning skills, both short and long term planning, financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills, with the ability to drive consensus.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff and outside contacts.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution products and services, policies and procedures, remote delivery channels and member service functions.
- Thorough knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the Branch function.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business operations or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum five years of experience in sales, leading teams, multi-site leadership and financial industry experience required; eight years of experience preferred.
- Minimum three years of retail sales and service management disciplines required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to commute between locations, up to 75% local travel.