Director of Retail Experience
Region: Bellingham, WA
Contact: Noah Nelson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 756-7693
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
– Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally – with warmth, courtesy and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to WECU.
– Accountable for department operations: profitability, analysis and strategy, staffing, quality service delivery, public relations and image .
– Implements business solutions for continued success of the Retail team in a rapidly changing environment.
– Spends approximately 50% of time observing branch operations to coach and monitor quality service.
– Accountable for coaching Branch Managers to build and maintain a positive sales culture, sustain motivated employees and ensure development of employee competencies.
– Actively participates in business planning, goal setting and budget process.
– Recruits, selects, develops and evaluates Branch Managers Manage hiring and, when appropriate, discharging Retail employees.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus five years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
– Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution preferred or any documented work experience which provides the candidate with equivalent knowledge and/or experience of the above minimum requirements .
– Experience managing multiple departments is preferred.
– Two or more years of leadership experience required, preferably in Retail Branch environment.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with membership, management, and staff.
– Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.