Director of Retail Delivery
Central Willamette Community Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Takes a passionate approach to fanatically excellent member service and conveys that sense of duty to the entire member service team. Serves as the chief advocate for members and requires the highest service excellence from every delivery channel as CW works to create raving fans.
• Manages the growth plans for retail branch delivery channels and the Call Center. Researches and recommends new products and services to the CMSO, evaluates product performance, and stays abreast of market conditions and industry trends. Researches and recommends improvements to the existing product and service lines.
• Collaborates closely with Operations, Marketing, Sales and Training and other departments as necessary to continue building upon CW’s sales and service culture to drive loan and account growth.
• Provides and cultivates team leadership that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise and conduct, supporting a reputation for delivering excellent service to Credit Union members.
• Understands the overall CW strategy and translates it into each Branch and each community where we do business.
• Visits Branches weekly, focusing on leading and coaching the Branch Manager and following up on managing the processes and routines that have been outlined by CW.
• Responsible for holding regular staff meetings with direct reports, identifying areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or changes in services. Keeps staff up-to-date on lending and operational trends and general Credit Union information.
• Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meets with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting employee performance evaluations and providing feedback.
• Cultivates avenues for community involvement to enhance CW’s standing in the communities where we do business and to increase opportunities for business development.
• Develops and executes an annual branch strategy, anticipates obstacles to achieving the plan and makes course corrections when necessary.
• Oversee the day to day operations of the Credit Union’s Branch and Call Center.
• Recommend and implement policies, procedures and programs to enable the Credit Union’s retail delivery to effectively, efficiently and conveniently meet the needs and expectations of our members.
• Leads and provides developmental opportunities for all team members while promoting an environment of teamwork, effective communication, empowerment and collaboration.
• Works to identify key talent to support the talent pipeline. Develops cross-functional teams of engaged team members with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results by providing ongoing coaching, training, challenging experiences and continual feedback to encourage development and performance.
• Monitors productivity measures and ensures that defined sales, production, member satisfaction and retention goals are met for all areas of responsibility.
• Develops and submits for approval an operating plan and budget, including staffing projections, for all areas of responsibility.
• Maintain effective communication to ensure stakeholders are informed to accomplish Credit Union goals.
• Supports the development and achievement of the key annual strategic goals for the Credit Union.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CW Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Ensure self and retail team attends training and complies with CWCCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations
• Ability to present a professional image to management, staff and outside contacts.
• Demonstrated experience in building and coaching a team to high performance levels using positive reinforcement, while providing clear feedback and follow through.
• Thorough knowledge of financial institution products and services, policies and procedures, remote delivery channels and member service functions.
• Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving, customer service, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong staff development and leadership skills.
• Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain programs, plans and initiatives.
• Thorough knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the Branch function.
• Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Ability to assess and implement organizational changes.
• Excellent planning skills, both short and long term planning, financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills, with the ability to drive consensus.
• Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
• Vision (or corrected) to the normal range
• Ability to commute between locations, up to 75% local travel.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, business operations or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
• Minimum five years of experience in leading teams, multi-site leadership and financial industry experience required; eight years of experience preferred.
CENTRAL WILLAMETTE CREDIT UNION CORPORATE CULTURE STATEMENT
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette. Our 5 Core Values are: