Director of Program Management Office
Region: Eugene, OR
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard, contribute to an outstanding member experience, support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development. We offer a competitive wage, benefit and retirement package along with opportunities to develop your career in our growing credit union. Individuals who thrive on problem-solving, making a difference and working for a company that provides more than just a job and are motivated by what OCCU has to offer, are invited to apply today!
OCCU is looking for an experienced Director of Program Management Office (PMO) to join our high performing team. The Director of PMO Oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Program Management Office (PMO) including planning, organizing, leading and managing program activities for large, enterprise level projects, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality. Establishes, monitors and provides guidance to business unit project managers through the use of best practice techniques and principles. Creates and fosters a culture of continuous improvement, boundary-less behavior, personal accountability and project management excellence.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Base Salary Range: $115,860 – $144,820 per year
To find out more about Oregon Community Credit Union career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/957f35de-a26c-b538-51e5-36881a34e67e/apply?source=1588348-CS-22573
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Develop resource management frameworks to ensure optimal use of enterprise resources across the strategic project portfolio.
- Develop enterprise demand intake process to ensure alignment with strategic initiatives, organizational goals, platforms and products, budgets, compliance and security.
- Ensure demands are adequately scoped to include needed resources, minimal viable product, financials and return on investment.
- Establish reporting and management framework for enterprise led as well as department led projects.
- Possess proven experience in planning, organization and development.
- Be entrepreneurial in thinking, planning and implementation, and showcase proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, particularly as it relates to application development, infrastructure and design.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key contacts in the community such as other Program Management colleagues, and industry experts in order to build a resource base from which to leverage and provide reciprocating relationships.
- Partner with senior functional leaders to create business cases and financial frameworks to prioritize initiatives and ensure stated value creation is achieved.
- Drive and facilitate the definition, optimization and enforcement of cross team processes, workflows and change management.
- Utilize understanding of short-term and long-term organizational strategy to aid executive leaders in prioritizing the strategic portfolio.
- Establish and monitor the utilization of standardized project management processes and tools across the organization.
- Tenaciously track and manage resource allocation and resource utilization rates at the individual project level and overall project portfolio level.
- Prevent project teams from “reinventing the wheel” by being the knowledge center for best practices, processes, templates, lessons learned and historical project repository.
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment.
- Serve as an enabler for innovative solutions and foresee risks in delivery.
- Facilitate strategic deployment discussions to support effective and aligned use of PMO resources.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Five or more years of diverse business experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a leadership or management role.
- Minimum of five years of experience with resource management forecasting and project budgeting.
- Experience managing projects with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages.
- Experience with a broad range of project management methods including Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid.
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management tools such as ServiceNow, Jira, Planview etc.
- Broad experience in a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Master’s degree
- Project Management Institute — Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer