Director of Marketing
Northwest Community Credit Union
Region: Eugene, Oregon
Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders’ commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 70 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
- Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
- Fun and rewarding work environment
- Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
- 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
- Company paid continuing education
- Tuition assistance
- And much more!
At Northwest Community Credit Union, the health and safety of our employees and members is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our branches and offices in compliance with Oregon Health Authority industry and statewide guidance.
Position Primary Purpose:
Leads the development, management, execution, and evaluation of effective and innovative marketing plans, brand development, community outreach, public relations, and communications in support of department business plan that aligns with credit union strategies. This position is responsible for providing periodic reporting on campaign results, return on investment on marketing programs, and goal achievement from marketing and branding efforts.
• Provides oversight of communications, public relations, marketing, marketing automation and analytics, and brand management.
• Develops and implements an annual marketing plan and detailed budget to accomplish marketing objectives. Ensures marketing and related expenditures are managed within budget.
• Translates business objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, department tactics, and plans to facilitate business growth. Develops short and long-range marketing objectives and develops performance standards for measuring progress.
• Manages and assists with the development, implementation, and performance of marketing programs (excluding sales) for the Credit Union’s products and services.
• Investigates and analyzes market data/research, both internally and externally, related to economic conditions, market-penetration, and marketing strategies, and uses that data to create campaigns that drive sales as it related to the marketing function (products, services, operating policies, demographic trends, statistical data).
• Manages advertising campaigns, promotions, and other initiatives in accordance with the Credit Union’s marketing plan.
• Liaises and collaborates with other departments to guide a unified approach to member service and product distribution that meets market demands and sales goals.
• Identifies trends and recommends changes that meet the evolving needs of the membership.
• Procures opportunities to advance the Credit Union’s presence within the communities we serve.
• Ensures that the NWCU brand aligns with the member/user onboarding experience. Oversees and makes recommendations to branch environment design and maintenance decisions to ensure brand alignment.
• Oversees work activities and related outputs of assigned staff including hiring, promoting and coaching. Conducts active performance management to ensure clear communications on related expectations. Ensures staff is properly trained in all phases of their job.
• Uses outside agencies and vendors efficiently to maximize a lean Marketing Team.
• All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in marketing and/or advertising. A minimum of eight (8) years in a marketing role with past roles showing a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of three (3) years in a management/leadership role with responsibility for creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the department. Previous experience in a financial institution or other highly regulated environment preferred. Experience working within brand guidelines and standards required. Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders a must, including speaking engagements in public meetings/presentations. Project management experience required.