Director of IT
Verity Credit Union
Region: Seattle, WA
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
Email: [email protected]
Job Level: Senior Leadership
Job Location: Headquarters – Seattle, WA (Northgate)
Position Type: Exempt – Full-Time
Salary: DOE + individual performance and organizational performance bonuses
We are hiring a Director of Information Technology based out of our Northgate Headquarters in Seattle. The Director of IT demonstrates a broad, holistic, long-range perspective by establishing plans and priorities that enhance business performance and further Verity’s long-term objectives. This role is responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction, and guidance for the implementation, maintenance, support, enhancement, and improvement of Verity Credit Union enterprise information systems. The Director of IT also assists in day-to-day production issues, acts as an escalation point to resolve urgent and complex client issues, and manages client expectations.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
– Trust is earned each day.
– Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
– People come first, before the bottom line.
– Community engagement propels us forward.
– Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Vision & Strategy
– Proactively partner with the Chief Technology Officer in creating and carrying out a strategic vision for credit union information technology functions
– Create, develop, and communicate a compelling and inspired IT vision to staff
– Serve as a change agent and champion of Verity’s culture and make recommendations that support the strategic initiatives of the credit union
– Proactively work with fellow credit union leaders and direct reports to create business plans that lead to the achievement of department goals
– Operate on a three-year time horizon by developing and delivering on multi-year business strategies, plans, and objectives
– Scan external and internal environments to identify, assess, and prepare for emerging trends or threats that may influence future directions
– Proactively shift priorities to take advantage of strategic opportunities and minimize the impact of strategic threats
– Lead the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, security, and support of enterprise software and systems, including but not limited to core financial, CRM, and content management systems
– Build relationships with other business units, other financial institutions and other support organizations to provide credit union-wide services, user support, training, and improve alignment and communication
– Establish and administer operating and technology policies, procedures, and standards
– Develop IT team dynamics and cohesion through motivation, training and coaching
– Work with other business units to maximize current applications, identify new applications improve processes through technology
– Manage and monitor internal and external software development initiatives
– Assist CTO and management with the department budget; including proactively performing cost-benefit analysis of IT investments to ensure desired results
– Manage performance of direct reports through consistent one-on-one meetings, coaching and development conversations, and timely delivery of performance reviews
– Hire, develop, engage and retain top talent and build a high performing team and to become credit union leaders
Risk Management and Governance
– Oversee Verity’s technology business continuity efforts to ensure all applications are recoverable at the credit union’s disaster recovery site
– Assist CTO and management to ensure Enterprise Application staff meet regulatory and credit union compliance
– Develop policies, processes and procedures to ensure proper IT governance
– Oversee IT audit processes to ensure department is reviewing and addressing any and all findings and vulnerabilities
– Maintain and track key internal and external IT support metrics
– Create and drive a positive and engaged work culture in overseen departments
– Create and execute a vision for the department’s staffing structure that drives achievement of the credit union’s strategic goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, equivalent professional experience, or relevant IT certification is preferred
- Experience managing banking information systems and a strong understanding of banking operations is strongly preferred; experience with Fiserv/DNA a plus
- Experience in database management, warehousing, design and queries strongly preferred, including strong experience with Oracle and SQL databases
- Experience managing IT resources, including managing vendors and providing training and development of IT staff
- Experience leading IT projects
- Experience with process improvements through technology
- Experience with IT risk management including system security, policies and procedures
- Proven track record of applying innovation to the use of systems and processes
- Deep knowledge of systems infrastructure/architecture, technical design, system and software development technology
- Proven demonstration of a high level of business acumen and financial literacy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of credit union products, services, policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards including federal and state laws regarding technology and data protection
- Ability to exercise independent and collaborative decision making
- Ability to identify inefficient or ineffective processes and develop solutions to improve or eliminate waste
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse realm of membership, fellow employees, and vendors
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Ability to speak in public
- Ability to travel
- Weekend and evening hours may be required for this position
- Commitment to values, mission, and objectives of Verity
- Maintaining good morale in all areas under management
- Positive personal impact in all areas of responsibility
- Provide excellent service to all areas of the credit union
- All computer systems meet availability standards for employees and members
- Coaching and development of IT employees
- Excellent vendor relationships in line with our corporate culture
- Serve as a role model for our corporate culture
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating the physical aspects of the position. The following are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Lifting of PCs and other equipment up to 30 lbs. individually
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.