Director of Internal Audit
TAPCO Credit Union
Contact: Alyssa Dunivan
Phone: (253) 620-3221
This position is responsible for TAPCO’s overall administration of its Internal Audit program. In this role, you’ll provide an independent and objective appraisal of the effectiveness of the credit union’s internal control systems, compliance with credit union policy and procedures, and compliance with governmental laws and regulations. This function includes planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, information system, and regulatory and compliance related audits and reviews. You will use independent judgment and experience to carry out a comprehensive internal audit plan that addresses and mitigates identified risks.
TAPCO offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401K with generous match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and administer a comprehensive audit program for the credit union, ensuring that internal controls are adequate to ensure compliance with the respective goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop the internal audit program to complement the work of the external auditors, DFI, and NCUA examiners.
- Conduct audits and investigations of all financial records, operations, activities and affairs of the Credit Union with independence and objectivity.
- Identify controls and process weaknesses, document main control points and provide evidential support for report recommendation.
- Ensure regulation and significant legislative or regulatory issues that impact the organization are recognized and addressed properly.
- Coordinate external audit and reviews including those pertaining to information systems. Serve as a liaison between regulatory examiners, outside auditors and the credit union staff.
- Identify and supervise activities relevant to audits, evaluate their significance and assess the degree of risk inherent in the activities.
- Prepare and present an annual audit work plan identifying areas or priority, effort of work and completion dates for approval.
- Provide flexibility in audit programs in response to management requests without sacrificing good internal controls or audit compliance requirements.
Let’s talk if you:
- Have five or more years of experience as an internal auditor managing audit engagements in a financial institution or a related organization.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in a business related field.
- Are proficient in GAAP and have an in-depth knowledge of internal audit standards, procedures and techniques required for performing engagements and best practices.
- Have CIA professional certification or able to sit for CIA exam within the first year of hire. Additional certifications (CPA, CISA, CMA, CBA, CFE, or CSFA) preferred.
- Are able to effectively manage conflict and adversarial situations, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Have current, up to date knowledge of regulatory/compliance requirements and a commitment to maintain knowledge of accounting and auditing rules and compliance regulations.
- Are able to prioritize work assignments and organize work schedules to meet deadlines.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive issues.
- Are able to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.