Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Advantis Credit Union
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Supports and offers guidance to the Credit Union’s DEI Council and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), providing leadership and consultative support in efforts to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and increase engagement, awareness, and education throughout Advantis.
- Partner with senior leadership to update and execute the Credit Union’s DEI Roadmap, ensuring a strategic approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion from the lens of an employer, a community partner, and a financial service provider. Develop metrics and analyze results to assess the effectiveness of DEI action steps.
- Partner with Human Resources on internal policies and procedures to ensure equity among a diverse and growing employee base. Develop programs and tools to recruit, retain, and develop diverse talent, including fostering partnerships within the community to grow a pipeline of diverse candidates. Provide support in regular reviews and assessments of programs such as pay equity and benefit reviews.
- Ensure regular reporting on diversity measures, establishing baselines and targets against internal goals and external benchmarks. Lead the Credit Union’s efforts to participate in industry surveys and assessments, communicating results, and working with leadership to establish action plans. Facilitate and champion Advantis’ DEI Survey, partnering with the DEI Council and key stakeholders on communicating results and next steps.
- BA or BS degree in Leadership, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, or other related field, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in DEI or equivalent work, including developing and implementing workplace programs and strategies required. Background in DEI with a specific experience in influencing senior-level leaders and supporting ERG’s preferred.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.