Director of Consumer Lending
Northwest Community Credit Union
Region: Eugene, Oregon
Contact: Debra Rollin
Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders’ commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Position Primary Purpose:
The Director of Consumer Lending is responsible for the oversight of consumer lending operations to ensure achievement of the credit union’s objectives and strategy. Provides strategic direction for consumer loan origination, profitability, underwriting, processing, funding, post-closing, vendor management, and loss mitigation activities.
- Oversees the performance and delivery of the credit union’s consumer loan channel such as indirect and direct lending, credit card, and related ancillary products.
- Manages the consumer loan portfolio to meet the objectives of the credit union. Tracks the performance of the portfolio with regard to risk and trends. Makes recommendations to committees and senior management when appropriate.
- Formulates and maintains consumer loan policies and procedures within credit union strategy and risk tolerance. Ensures the loan policies, procedures, services, and products meet federal and state regulations and reporting requirements. Regularly reviews credit quality and compliance of portfolio.
- Reviews and recommends pricing strategies to support credit union goals. Researches and evaluates feasibility of new consumer lending products, or improvement of existing products. Develops and implements plans for expansion of lending delivery channels, while keeping abreast of changes in the industry to maintain credit union competitiveness.
- Researches and reviews new and existing lending products, services, and programs. Participates in business development and marketing work groups in the establishment of lending programs for individual market areas.
- Ensures efficient, cost-effective processes and procedures are in place for delivering quality member service related to the lending process. Collaborates with Branch and Support Center Managers to ensure smooth lending delivery through these channels.
- Monitors the results of the department and provides monthly reports as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a consumer lending role with past roles showing a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of five (5) years in a management/leadership role with responsibility for creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong company advocate with the ability to influence, motivate, and coach all levels within the organization.
- Consistently exercise judgement within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Strong, creative leader and effective team builder.
- Strong communicator and active listener.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset.
To apply, click here!