Director of Compliance and Internal Auditing
America's Credit Union
Contact: Stefanie Emge
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (253) 912-3265
Oversees the Compliance and Audit Management Programs and department staff for the Credit Union to ensure compliance with all related laws and regulations and that adequate controls are effectively working. Responsible for the collection and organization of regulatory agency directives and interpretive rulings, laws and regulations affecting the Credit Union. This position reports to the VP of Risk Management.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• On an ongoing basis, review all laws and regulations that affect the Credit Union’s compliance requirements or otherwise relate to Credit Union operations. Maintain a working knowledge of all regulatory developments. Regulations that must be monitored and applied include, but are not limited to: The Privacy Act; The Patriot Act; OFAC; The Bank Secrecy Act; ERISA; all applicable regulations contained in the Code of Federal Regulations; all applicable regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the National Credit Union Administration, and the State of Washington administered by the Department of Financial Institutions. Oversee implementation of new regulations with assistance from senior management
• Responsible for all credit union compliance and internal auditing functions and duties. Regularly evaluate the Credit Union’s policies, procedures, products, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to assess risk potential of the same. Make recommendations for change where appropriate to ensure compliance and minimize loss exposure. Ensure that any change in policy or procedure is communicated to affected departments, or the Credit Union, with clarity. Follow up to ensure new procedures are understood and implemented. Disseminate information, answer questions, and be a subject matter expert for the Credit Union on all compliance-related issues
• Assist in the revision and/or design of forms, products, web site, programs, or marketing materials or promotions to ensure compliance with all State and Federal rules and regulations
• Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to regulatory change, environmental change, or vendor requirement changes that impact the risk to the Credit Union
• Test for adequacy of internal controls designed to ensure on-going compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and to ensure the adequate protection of credit union assets
• Respond to compliance questions or problems from credit union team members
• Assist compliance examiners with their examinations, making available the information that is necessary to complete such examinations. Work with external auditors and examiners to ensure the Credit Union responds appropriately to exceptions and other recommendations. Assist management with the development and implementation of corrective action procedures as necessary to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to avoid future compliance problems. Perform follow-up of previous audits and examinations to ensure that action plans have been consistently implemented
• Review postings to the FinCen 314(a) secured information sharing system
• Prepare reports to facilitate and participate in Supervisory Committee Meetings where appropriate
• Works with attorneys, auditors, and examiners in the development of appropriate controls to ensure compliance
• Manages and administers outsourced compliance vendors; works closely with compliance vendors to ensure credit union compliance meets required NCUA standards
• Safeguard the confidential nature of information concerning the business transactions and condition of the credit union and its present and prospective members, clients, borrowers or suppliers except where disclosure of such confidential information is required by state or federal law or regulation
• Assist in responding to complaints of noncompliance by considering the nature of the complaint, credit union policies, and applicable laws and regulations
• Develop or assist in the development of compliance training programs.
• Develop and ensure implementation of record retention policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
• Develop and maintain a library of compliance resources to enable employees to educate themselves in relevant areas
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a FI management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent education/experience
- Industry certifications preferred
- Other industry certification may be required
To be fully considered for a position at ACU, apply to our website at youracu.org.
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.