Director of Audit and Compliance
Community 1st Credit Union
Region: DuPont, WA
Contact: Alison Cory
Phone: (253) 722-5212
Fax: (253) 203-1388
Exciting opportunity for the right applicant! We are looking for someone with thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, BSA, Compliance and Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee administration and support.
BSA / Compliance –
- Develop an understanding of the Credit Union’s policies and procedures, and comply with the requirement of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, and OFAC as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Manage and investigate SAIRs, review and track high risk accounts, and accurately complete and electronically file SARs and CTRs to FinCEN.
- Maintain BSA program and policy to ensure compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC.
- Maintain BSA Risk Assessment ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Train staff regarding BSA rule changes.
- Ensure BOD and staff are aware of annual BSA training requirements.
Internal Audit –
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies.
- Conduct audits of branch and other operations to determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist CFO and regulatory examiners during audits.
- Report findings and recommended solutions, and support recommendations with appropriate documentation and rationale for recommended solutions.
- Provide written finding reports that are accurate, objective, clear, constructive and timely.
- Handle audit matters with discretion and confidentiality.
- Prepare a tracking and monitoring system for issues identified from internal and external audit results.
- Create written instructions as needed to ensure early and consistent adoption of process changes implemented following internal and external audit findings.
Board of Directors / Supervisory Committee Administration & Support –
- Maintain the Board Web portal and ensure timely gathering, assembly and delivery of all necessary documents to the Board.
- Schedule meetings, make venue arrangements, track attendance, take minutes and document all Board meetings
- Complete closed account letters and checklist
- B.A. or B.S. in business, finance or accounting, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum two to five years’ experience within Community 1st or another financial institution preferred.
Salary – DOE