Director, Federal Advocacy – Job #3440
GoWest Credit Union Association
AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA & WY
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Are you energized by developing legislative strategy? Is influencing policy through advocacy one of your gifts? Do you love the fast-paced world of governmental affairs?
Our six-state trade association is looking for a Director, Federal Advocacy to help strategize, lead, and manage federal credit union advocacy efforts. We are looking for someone with proven competency in strategic thinking, plan development, and execution.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Act as a key member of the Association’s advocacy team executing federal legislative advocacy strategy and programs with six-state congressional delegations and executive branches of government.
- Build and strategically maintain relationships with assigned federal congressional offices, including both Members of Congress and staff.
- Collaborate with the Federal Advocacy Team to develop and coordinate the public policy and advocacy initiatives with input from regional credit union leaders.
- Direct the federal advocacy efforts for assigned states, in accordance with the vision of the Association’ Federal Advocacy team.
- Coordinate and support credit union engagement with federal congressional offices through key contacts program, district work period engagement, and social media efforts.
- Collaborate and coordinate key federal advocacy events, including the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference and regional Hike the Hill events to maximize the federal impact of meetings with specific state’s federal delegations.
- In collaboration with the federal advocacy and grassroots team, work to develop talking points, calls to action and communications that effectively message the importance of federal advocacy and activate Association members to get further involved in our collective efforts.
- Assist and coordinate the Association’s CULAC fundraising efforts to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Coordinate recommendations for the appropriate use of political action funds at the federal level.
- Coordinate proper credit union leader coverage and support of each state’s congressional delegation events, fundraisers and meet ‘n’ greet activities.
The perfect candidate has superb communication skills, the ability to grasp complex subjects and a background in legislative affairs, lobbying or politics. Experience with financial institutions is a plus. The ideal candidate will be intrepid, have a four-year degree in political science, or other related field or the equivalent work experiences and have a passion for the legislative arena. Three to five years minimum experience evidencing a background in lobbying, fundraising, legislative affairs, or grassroots coordination. You must have proven competency in strategic thinking, plan development, and execution.
Salary ranges from $60,000 – 75,000 depending on experience. Generous benefits package including employer paid medical/dental, 401k match, paid vacation and much more.
We offer a smart working environment which provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position is offered the flexibility of working remotely or in one of our regional offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job #3440 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.
Please log in before posting jobs.