Director, Compliance Strategy & Risk Management – Job #3429
Northwest Credit Union Association
Region: Northwest Region
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Fax: (206) 340-4808
When you read mysteries, do you guess the end ahead of time? Are you good at solving problems? Do you often ask: Why does it work that way? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and love to implement new services? Do you like being a pivotal part of the team?
Our regional not-for-profit association seeks a dynamic, driven, tenacious individual to lead our Compliance Strategy and Risk Management functions. Utilize all of your implementation and program management skills to help deliver compliance services to our regional credit unions. We are seeking an individual who’s collaborative, is a great communicator, and meets every challenge with a can-do attitude.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and lead new generation of compliance services for the NWCUA, including trainings, audit services, expertise, consulting partners, and more.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective suite of Compliance Trainings and Programs, including New Compliance Office Training.
- Analyze and provide responses to member credit union inquiries by applying broad knowledge and understanding of all compliance functions to ensure adherence to all laws, regulations, and prudent business practices.
- Keep abreast of relevant regulatory and statutory changes and effectively interpret and communicate requirements and recommendations for appropriate actions necessary to maintain compliance. Create, coordinate, and administer trainings that effectively address requirements of applicable laws, regulations and prudent business practices to member credit unions.
- Develop and lead internal efforts to move towards great understanding and implementation of risk management across the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of cybersecurity issues, best practices, and resources. Use this knowledge to develop and maintain a cybersecurity resource center for member credit unions, provide recommendations for cybersecurity partners to SLI and credit unions, and additional support as needed.
As our candidate, you should be achievement oriented with a high level of initiative. You can build relationships quickly and easily. You know how to identify opportunities and maximize the potential. Compliance experience with or for a financial institution is a must. Knowledge of practical experience with application of laws and regulation is necessary to succeed in this role. Our ideal candidate will have experience with project management and entrepreneurial leadership.
Salary ranges from $55,000-78,000 depending on experience with fee for service commission potential. Generous benefits package including employer paid medical/dental, 401k match, paid vacation and much more.
NWCUA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with job number #3429 in the subject line of your email by October 23rd.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Boise, Idaho, Tigard, Oregon, and SeaTac, Washington. This position can be based out of the location that fits the candidate.