Director, Compliance Strategy & Risk Management
Northwest Credit Union Association
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Fax: (206) 340-4802
When you read mysteries, do you guess the end ahead of time? Are you good at solving problems? Do you often ask: Why does it work that way? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and love to implement new services? Do you like being a pivotal part of the team? Do you enjoy training and meeting new people?
Our regional not-for-profit association seeks a dynamic, driven, tenacious individual to lead our Compliance Strategy and Risk Management functions. Utilize all of your implementation and program management skills to help deliver compliance services to our regional credit unions. We are seeking an individual who’s collaborative, is a great communicator, and meets every challenge with a can-do attitude.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create and execute business plan for new generation of strategic compliance business services.
- Lead strategic compliance services for the NWCUA, including fee-for-service trainings, audit services, expert consulting, partnership relations, and more.
- Deliver relevant training at various Association and partner events, including but not limited to councils, conferences, committees, and chapters.
- Keep abreast of relevant regulatory and statutory changes and effectively interpret and communicate requirements and recommendations for appropriate actions necessary to maintain compliance. Create, coordinate, and administer trainings that effectively address requirements of applicable laws, regulations and prudent business practices to member credit unions.
- Develop and promote greater understanding and implementation of risk management across the enterprise.
- Enhance and maintain cybersecurity resource center that delivers tools, training, and additional resources regarding physical and information security, fraud, and loss prevention for member credit unions.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of cybersecurity issues, best practices, and resources. Use this knowledge to develop and maintain a cybersecurity resource center for member credit unions, provide recommendations for cybersecurity partners to SLI and credit unions, and additional support as needed.
As our candidate, should be achievement oriented with a high level of initiative. They can build relationships quickly and easily. They can identify opportunities and maximize the potential. Compliance experience with or for a financial institution is a must. Knowledge of practical experience with application of laws and regulation is necessary to succeed in this role. Our ideal candidate will have experience with project management and entrepreneurial leadership.
Salary ranges from $60,000-78,000 depending on experience with fee for service commission potential. Generous benefits package including employer paid medical/dental, 401k match, paid vacation and much more.
NWCUA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Email your resume and cover letter with job number #3429 in the subject line of your email by March 23rd.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Boise, Idaho, Tigard, Oregon, and SeaTac, Washington. This position can be based out of the location that fits the candidate.