Director of Communications
Northwest Credit Union Association
Region: Northwest Region
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Are you a communications genius waiting for a unique opportunity to represent something you can believe in? The Northwest Credit Union Association has a rare opportunity in the Communications/Marketing Department for an experienced Director, Communications.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who can think critically, and motivate and mentor teammates to produce their best work so they develop their skills and can best serve the 170 credit unions who look to the NWCUA for thought leadership, and industry information. If you have a way of seeing the bigger picture and connecting the dots so things done in a high-quality way, and you’re a hands-on writer who gets excited crafting content for multiple audiences, including CEOs, that not only gets read, but better yet, inspires them action, and you can deliver messages that advance priorities, deliver a weekly newsletter, and manage a social media strategy all in a day’s work – deep breath – you may be just the Director, Communications we are looking for!
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise, guide the work, and develop the skills of at least one direct report in an encouraging and supportive manner, and as a senior member of the team serving as a leader to others.
- Develop and deliver messages that advance organizational priorities and objectives for the Northwest Credit Union Association, the Northwest Credit Union Foundation, and Strategic Link, Inc., a business solutions partner for credit unions.
- Anticipate enterprise communications needs and plan, collaborate with teammates, and execute against necessary editorial and marketing calendars.
- Proactively anticipate and develop comprehensive communications plans and messaging strategies for Association initiatives, and lead teams toward successful implementation.
- Supervise content development and weekly delivery of the Association’s e-newsletter tailored to senior leadership and employees of credit unions, industry regulators, and trade press.
- Supervise the planning, development, fact checking, and posting of new digital and printed content to include: brochures, news releases, handouts, infographics, and signage to support Association initiatives and events.
- Write or edit executive and Board of Directors’ communications including, but not limited to, key position letters, talking points, speeches, opinion pieces, and visual presentations.
- Organize and develop strategic weekly communication from NWCUA’s President and CEO to executive-level member audiences.
- Manage and update the Association’s visual messaging library – presentations and slides that help to tell the Association’s story, etc.
The ideal candidate will have seven years or more of experience in the corporate communications environment and supervising others. An ability to balance multiple tasks on deadline is critical. This position requires you to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, editorial calendaring experience, attention to detail and a team work ethic. Prior trade association or financial services industry experience is a plus. The ability to interpret and apply consumer research is a plus. The ideal candidate will be intrepid, have a four-year degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or equivalent work experiences.
Salary ranges from $70-$90K depending on experience. NWCUA promotes a flexible environment with both remote and in office options. Generous benefits package including employer paid medical/dental, 401k match, and paid vacation.
NWCUA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with job number #3436 in the subject line of your email by May 17.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Boise, Idaho, Tigard, Oregon, and SeaTac, Washington. This position can be based out of the location that fits the candidate or close proximity as remote options may be considered.