Software Developer III Senior – Fully Remote
iQ Credit Union
The Software Developer III – Senior is responsible for the design, implementation, security, and performance of company software using advanced software development skills and SDLC best practices to optimize automation and create efficiencies for end-users.
- Modify or create custom software applications in a logical, efficient manner such that they can be readily enhanced and maintained. Recommend and follow software development life cycle (SDLC) best practices, creating quality documentation and using a test-driven development (TDD) approach to reduce risk, reduce defects and improve quality.
- Share experience and knowledge with others by training, documenting, and pair programming. Conduct thorough code reviews, providing actionable feedback for developers. Help refine the development standards for the team over time. Provide suggestions and recommendations for process and platform improvements.
- Assist with troubleshooting to solve defects in a timely manner. Find and implement solutions for any vulnerabilities identified from software security scanning or testing.
- Actively participate in migrating legacy applications to the cloud (Azure) using a systematic approach. Help create clear plans for release rollout, as well as the decommissioning of the legacy solutions.
- Apply Agile/Scrum methodologies to participate and contribute in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies. Actively keep work items updated throughout every sprint, delivering on time. Participate in backlog refinement meetings and provide story point estimates.
- Consistently utilize a TDD approach during software creation, organize and structure code in a testable manner and ensure an appropriate amount of unit tests to cover the codebase are written. Responsible for regularly reviewing and modifying tests as the software changes.
- Represent the team in project meetings for gated projects. Collaborate ideas during development phase within project teams and focus groups. Identify and coordinate tasks of responsible parties associated with program development, ensure work items are created and prioritized for any required work from the team.
- Construct programs with detailed documentation in a logical, efficient manner such that they can be readily enhanced and maintained. Assist with creating or updating documentation where missing or outdated. Ensure related Jira tickets are documented to include all relevant work notes .
- Help write, manage, and maintain Software Development Lifecycle documents and ensure adherence to outlined process during development.
- Function as a liaison between Information Systems and other business units. Collaborate with managers throughout the Credit Union to identify and analyze process improvements. From concept through delivery, work with business units to develop programs to meet their specified needs.
- Develop and maintain a secure working environment that meets the existing Information Security Policy for development and implementation of new processes or when making improvements to existing processes.
- Maintain awareness of trends and advancements in programming technology and apply these advancements into programs as appropriate. Develop and maintain relationships with other Symitar clients to facilitate information sharing regarding programs and programming issues.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Fully Remote in Approved States Only:
Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Michigan.
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
There’s a reason we’ve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
• iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
• iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
• iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
• iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
• iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
• iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
• iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
• iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.