Red Canoe Credit Union
Contact: Kim Divine
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 578-5394
Definition of Development Services:
- Development and administration of programs and utilities.
- Develop/support applications and their related uses.
- Administration, tuning and management of programs.
- Support of related hardware/software implementations related to developed utilities or programs of in-house functions/systems.
- Development and administration of Internet/Intranet sites, applications, utilities and related initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PROJECTS & PLANNING. Provide research, planning, discovery due-diligence, implementation for new products to meet organization objectives. Testing, training and implementation of projects. Test and implement new processes for departments, as needed. Make recommendations for changes on new and current processes as needed. Provides leadership, direction, and support of core functions. Assist IT Operations Manager in planning, assessment, implementation, and integration of products. Conduct development and training for staff as needed.
DOCUMENTATION & REPORTING. Documentation of procedures, programs, reporting and policies for all development. Reporting analysis and review for all development.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Staff/Member support and troubleshooting of all related applications, utilities and implementations as needed.
- Responsible for full life cycle development including design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex programs and utilities.
- Detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolve problems, which are cost effective, built user efficiencies and system capabilities.
- Work on multiple high-level projects concurrently.
- Develops custom programs as required.
- Identifies and implements solutions to issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
- Maintain effectiveness in knowledge through training resources, books, and conferences.
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of the Internet/Intranet as needed or related to initiatives.
- Develop strategies to increase web-based functionality for membership and employees.
- Maintain effective reporting/tracking of activity for delivery to management.
- Assist BI as needed with data gathering or reporting.
- Works with Help Desk or staff to trouble shoot problems to identify if code related.
- Identifies problems related to software and determines corrective action.
- Frequently works with ECM Developer.
- Functional backup to ECM Developer for development and support of programs, applications and utilities to meet Credit Union needs.
- Work with others tactfully and professionally; and use of tact and diplomacy when working with confidential information.
Ability to work independently, to take initiative.
Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Practical knowledge of the following operating environments: Microsoft Windows, IIS, SQL, Web Services, WordPress and other related environments
- Functional and practical knowledge in the following skills/languages: .NET, C#, CSS, PowerShell, GitHub and related utilities and design environments.
- Practical knowledge of communication protocols, hardware and software
- The strong desire and ability to maintain a current knowledge of web/application development standards and technologies
- Proficient verbal and written communication abilities, including ability to teach and explain ideas and concepts with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and set priorities with changing business needs.
- High degree of accuracy
High degree of organization in personal work load and the ability to work unsupervised in the accomplishment of routine tasks and project deadlines.
Proficient computer systems and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to consistently meet, schedule and deadline commitments.
Comprehension of image processing system concepts, and the ability to recommend integrated system solutions to problems.
Willing to work irregular hours including weekends and nights.
Ability to operate within a Windows environment. Proficiency with current Microsoft operating system and software.
- Must be bondable
- BS/BA in Computer Science; or demonstrated comparable professional experience, required.
- Technical Experience – At least two (2) years-plus professional experience desired in a similar technology environment in the following areas: XML, .NET, C#, PowerShell and Web Services; other equivalent work experience may be considered.
Financial Services Experience – Two (2) years-plus credit union/banking information technology experience preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered.
Keyboard Proficiency – Minimum-typing speed of 30 wpm
Communication Skills – Ability to hear by telephone and in person; and ability to read English by sight; and both speak and write English.