Deposit Operations Supervisor – Hybrid Remote Option
iQ Credit Union
The Deposit Operations Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring the overall processes are efficient, accurate and performed timely. Provides support, development, and leadership to employees of the Deposit Operations team. Works closely with the Deposits Operations Manager to ensure goals of the department are achieved and support the overall Credit Union strategy. Provides procedural, technical, and operational support to internal employees. Supports the Deposit Operations Manager in assigned job duties.
- Oversees and supervises the Deposit Operations team through proactive coaching and cross-training. Provides direction and guidance to team to ensure service standards and performance objectives are met.
- Evaluates employee performance and provides regular feedback to support success and continued employee development. Recognizes strong performance and addresses performance gaps and opportunities.
- Provides support to Deposit Operations Manager while working to achieve credit union and Facilities department goals.
- Provide procedural, technical, and operational support to internal employees.
- Ensure service provided by the Deposits Operations department is prompt, efficient, and accurate.
- Actively trains, coaches, and mentors direct reports.
- Administer various programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the operating unit served.
- Handle escalated complaints consistent with Credit Union policies, procedures, values, and operating principles.
- Supervise assigned vendor relationships. Ensure ongoing due diligence efforts are performed.
- Manage & perform specialized processes related to new and existing accounts, adjustments, ATMs, wires, ACH, check processing, mobile deposit, cash ordering, foreign currency, shared branching, IRAs, escheatment’s, savings bonds, safe deposit boxes, cashier’s checks, check ordering, and answering any deposit products questions.
- Assist in responding to audit requests.
- Evaluate and resolve complex issues related to areas of specialization within the deposit operations function.
- Maintain compliance with policies, procedures, and internal controls including, but not limited to; audits, security, legal notifications, and disclosures.
- Develop operational procedures ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Prepare, review, and distribute department reports.
- Maintain an understanding of all Credit Union products and services.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Completion of certification or accreditation in specialized course of study related to the functions of the Deposit Operations function.
*Optional Hybrid Remote
Remote in Approved States Only:
Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Michigan.
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
There’s a reason we’ve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
- iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
- iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
- iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
- iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
- iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
- iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
- iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
- iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.