Deposit Operations Representative
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the Deposit Operations team at the Unitus Headquarters in downtown Portland, the Deposit Operations Representative provides service and resolution to internal and external members of the department ensuring our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. The Deposit Operation Representative’s primary responsibilities are the accurate and timely processing of all member payments and deposits received via mail and Remote Deposit Capture. The representative also handles a variety of clerical activities such as receiving and researching return mail, applying critical thinking to assist in detecting fraud on certain transactions and responding to a variety of research and/or verification requests as needed. This employee provides exceptional internal department and organizational service in response to needs and requests. They must also use sound judgment in resolving problems and making recommendations.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• Associates degree or equivalent in work experience required.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a clerical or customer service role that includes experience with performing accurately, organizing information, and using a computer system for data entry and inquiry.
• Strong ability to work with numbers while maintaining attention to detail and performing follow through on problems through resolution using technology and people resources.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective listening and writing, problem-solving and using tact in dealing with internal and external members and colleagues.
• Comprehend and adhere to all company wide and department specific policies and procedures.
• Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and ability to demonstrate Unitus services through the use of technology.
• Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail and follow through.
• Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
• Basic math and 10 key skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing! Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.