Dealer Sales Reprentative
Horizon Credit Union
The Dealer Sales Representative is an outside salesperson responsible for developing relationships with dealers and selling boat, RV, auto and other loans. This role also supports the financial soundness of the Credit Union by developing a strong pipeline of new business. This position regularly travels to dealer locations and meets with dealer finance managers one-on-one, as well as via the telephone, for the purpose of originating indirect loans and expanding the Credit Union’s dealer base, loan volume, and market share.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Meet or exceed established goals for generating sales and developing new dealer relationships to increase loan volume from the new and existing dealer base
- Acting as a liaison for the Credit Union’s underwriting, solicit business from dealer principals and owners and facilitate the negotiation process
- Regularly and customarily travel to dealer partners in various markets to evaluate their operations, generate new loans and leads, and increase the visibility of the Credit Union
- Cross-sell the Credit Union’s products and services whenever possible
- Review and approve the loan applications obtained from dealer partners as needed to make credit granting decisions within established guidelines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence to promote the Credit Union’s products and services through a network of dealers including professional and personal contacts
- Stay up to date on competitors’ practices, updates management and recommends new sales practices or opportunities that may lead to increased loan business for Horizon
- Follow all applicable laws and regulations, as well as the Credit Union’s internal policies and procedures
- Provide outstanding customer service response time and follow up to ensure positive member experience
- Document the sales process on a regular basis, participates in business-related development opportunities
- Contributes and fosters a positive team environment
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Our individual contributor success competencies, coupled with our CORE Values, drive our ability to fulfill our Promise of “Guiding members in the direction of their dreams”.
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Member Focused: Builds strong member relationships and delivers member-centric solutions, both internally and externally
- Self-Development Focused: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development
ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended, nor do they create an employment contract and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon CU’s goals employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify our CORE Values
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Provide our members with the highest quality service
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
Associates degree, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two years of experience in a related lending, sales, and/or dealers’ services position to include consumer loan underwriting.
Must have the ability to travel within the Credit Union’s service areas during 80% of the work week or more and will require overnight travel. Will need to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain good driving record to meet essential role as an outside sales representative.
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Credit Union Indirect loan products and services
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of current lending regulations
- Proficient computer skills to work independently and manage paperless lending platforms
- Working knowledge of credit union operating services
- Commitment to consistently demonstrating the credit unions core values
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following workplace demands: ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods of time. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. Position requires sound reasoning, good judgement and ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.