Dealer Resolution Specialist
Pay Range: $23.79 – $35.68 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Dealer Resolution Specialist to join our growing and high performing team. The Dealer Resolution Specialist provides support and assistance to dealers when evaluating and responding to dealer exceptions and appeals through phone calls, web messages and/or email. Ideal candidates will have at least two years of experience equivalent to performing the function of an indirect loan processor at a Financial Institution or a dealership.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Support the initiatives of the Indirect Lending Sales staff by delivering exceptional service to our dealer partners.
- Triage exceptions and appeals and return or escalate to the appropriate decision maker (e.g. Indirect Loan Processor, Assistant Indirect Lending Production Manager, Indirect Lending Production Manager, Underwriter, Underwriting Manager or VP of Consumer Lending).
- Monitor the queue for declined applications that are tiers 1-3 for opportunities to send back to underwriting for a second look.
- Utilize experience and sound judgment when determining which course of action to take.
- Contact and communicate with Indirect Loan Processors, Assistant Indirect Lending Production Manager, Indirect Lending Production Manager, Indirect Lending Sales Manager, dealers and/or members as needed to resolve and close loan applications.
- Keep a written account of exceptions, appeals and the ultimate result for analysis.
- Route payoffs and other minor dealer inquiries to other processors.
- Process four fund delays per hour on average.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Demonstrate computer competency including data entry and compiling information.
- Communicate in a professional manner when dealing with vendors, members and employees. Communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrate focus and attention to detail while accomplishing multiple tasks in a distracting environment.
- Manage time and productivity to meet daily and monthly goals while completing a daily time tracker.
- Reach out to members to clarify information received from dealerships.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum two years of similar or related experience.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer