Dealer Lending Specialist
Advantis Credit Union
The Dealer Lending Specialist will provide a wide variety of internal and external services for all business channels related to our indirect lending department. Acts as primary liaison between dealer representatives, indirect lending staff, and underwriters. Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with external business partners by communicating consistently with dealers participating in the Credit Union Direct Lending, and Merchant Lending programs.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintains relationships with dealers participating in any of our current indirect lending programs.
- Acts as primary contact for dealers bringing in new business to the credit union. Regularly communicates with dealer representatives regarding loan requests, required documentation, loan decisions, and counteroffers. Includes follow-up on files as needed. Provides dealers with efficient, professional service.
- Uses professional sales skills to negotiate with dealers and ensure relevant and beneficial products are provided to our members being served through any of our current indirect lending programs. Also ensures that dealers remain in compliance when submitting loans for approval and funding.
- Verifies that all necessary documentation has been received from dealerships in order to fund contracts within the required time period and to protect our security interest on the collateral.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Consumer Lending guidelines and policy.
- Participates in dealer management. Notifies management of concerns, tracks exceptions, sets up new dealers and disables dealers as necessary in indirect lending software systems. May be involved in maintaining dealer files.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the necessary forms, regulations, documents, and timelines to perfect security interest on collateralized loans.
- Has a thorough understanding of all Advantis’ consumer loan products and services, interest rates, and how interest rates are calculated.
- Responds effectively to dealer and member problems and complaints.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ previous sales experience in a financial institution; preferably in a lending role.
- Thorough knowledge of loan documentation and underwriting criteria for all consumer loan types used through the indirect channel.
- Must possess excellent basic math skills with a basic understanding of accounting. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, fractions, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple data systems simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with members, staff, and vendors.
- Analytical ability to evaluate applicant’s credit status and recommend alternatives when appropriate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Meets annual product knowledge certification, regulation training and other training requirements.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you.
Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives serving the Portland area for over 86 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For consideration, please apply online at www.advantiscu.org