Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time salaried Date Scientist to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. The Data Scientist is responsible for developing integrated predictive models utilizing statistical techniques and applied business intelligence in support of the Credit Union’s strategic plans. Transforming data into actionable insights and business solutions is a core function of this position.
Seniority level: Induvial contributor
Reports to: Director, Business Solutions
Employment Type: (full or part time, salaried or hourly?)
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 Pm
Job Functions: Information Technology, Analytical, Statistical, Programming
Typical Job Duties
- Provide data modeling, mining, analysis, and visualization to address business needs and drive optimization and performance improvement. Deliver analytical insights to support and validate business decisions.
- Recommends beneficial use cases of data science employing statistical and machine learning models, as well as optimization and simulation methods. Correctly designs experiments to measure the impact of interventions and tests hypotheses using proper methods. Employs innovative approaches to analysis.
- Implement control group, A/B testing framework, and validate model quality. Perform back testing to demonstrate model effectiveness.
- Utilizes standardized DevOps practice to deploy new models and maintain existing models to ensure continued validity of use, including containerization and regression testing.
This role may be right for you if enjoy analytic organization and the understanding of best practices for process automation, technology implementation and product support. You pride yourself on time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Your previous employers praise your ability to understand the best practices for process automation, technology implementation and product support, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to maintain knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry standards. Your friends say you have a strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, and your family is proud of you for your organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelors’ degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent.
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in data analytics within a financial institute or similar environment.
- Three (3) plus years’ experience with predictive analytics tools and supporting languages, working with various business units defining and understanding business problems and solutions.
- Experience in the application of statistical and machine learning models to business processes.
- ITIL v4 certification required or obtained within six months.
- Data skills in Structured Query Language (SQL), relational database, data warehouse, business analytics services (e.g., TIBCO), interactive data visualization software (e.g., WebFocus), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), extract, transform, load (ETL), and report builder.
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g., R, Python, Visual Basic (VB), C++).
- Additional experience in information technology, corporate finance, or Salesforce Tableau.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******