Customer Service Representative – Contact Center Rep I
Self - Help Federal Credit Union
Region: Sunnyside, WA, USA
Self-Help Federal Credit Union is seeking a customer service focused Contact Center Specialist to work with our dynamic Contact Center Team. If you are a person who has passion for delivering professional, exceptional service to our members, we invite you to apply. Successful candidates must have excellent listening skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, passionate about providing excellent member service, enjoys working in a fast pace environment providing solutions, products and services to meet our member’s needs.
We strive to provide exceptional service to our members, communities and colleagues. Excellent customer service is at the heart of our Contact Center Specialists and work closely with other team members to provide outstanding service to our members by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems with our products and services. Contact Center handles a high volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, and e mails and strives to create a positive experience for each member.
Contact Center Specialists Essential Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and take appropriate action for each call professionally and accurately.
- Perform basic account maintenance activities. Perform duties and responsibilities with members’ satisfaction as number one priority while following department and credit union policy.
- Engage in active listening, identify members’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions. Escalate unresolved problems; ensuring that member feels supported and valued. Follow up on complaint/question status, ensure resolution.
- Assist members with any online or mobile banking questions, and escalate any issues to management appropriately. · Understand and strive to meet or exceed personal goals and contact center metrics while providing excellent consistent member service.
- Make recommendations for products or services that may better suit member’s needs.
- Adhere to credit union and department policies and procedures. Stay updated on product and company policy changes.
- Collaborate with contact center team members, branch staff, and other departments to ensure overall member satisfaction. Build professional and teamwork relationships with contact center team members based on trust and reliability.
- Utilize software, scripts, reports and tools appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact Center Specialists Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to commit to a six (6) day work (when needed).
- English/Spanish may be required.
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Strong understanding of cultural competency
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional member service, active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintaining a professional attitude in challenging situations.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- 2-year experience in financial institution or min. 2 year experience in contact center environment.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications. Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
- Good data entry/keyboard skills – must type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- High School or equivalent experience
Physical Requirements: Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Compensation: Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, class or family status.