SELCO Community Credit Union
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Work Location: This position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time
Benefit eligible: Yes – eligible for full benefits
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Required schedule/availability: Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Credit Analyst to join our team at our Gateway Branch location in Springfield, Oregon. This position is responsible for providing credit analytic and portfolio management support to Commercial Loan Officers. The successful candidate brings at least one (1) year of experience in a financial institution and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance, or successful completion of accounting courses within twelve (12) months of hire. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/why-selco/careers/!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Prepare thorough borrower analysis (including financial reports with explanations) along with spreading tax returns and financial information
- Ensure adherence to sound analysis and lending practices and maintain compliance within the Commercial & Business Banking (CBB) policies, procedures, regulations, and other compliance obligations.
- Analyze and assist in the interpretation of information related to borrowers and prospects (e.g., management/ business history, environmental issues, risks involved in industry, tax returns, financial statements, etc.).
- Prepare various credit requests, including results of credit analysis and a summary of loan requirements.
- Prepare credit reviews on applicable commercial loans (e.g., complete property inspections (upon request), spread annual financials, rent rolls, etc.).
- Monitor, prepare, and review construction draws, budgets, and accounts receivables agings.
- Ensure all customer files, documentation, and other paperwork are of the highest quality.
- Interview and qualify members who request commercial and business banking services. May process commercial and business Visa, automobile, equipment, and smaller credit line applications to submit for approval.
- Retain and deepen member relationships by assessing member needs and working with Commercial Loan Officers to identify and offer appropriate financial solutions to members.
- Detect, act on, and report potentially fraudulent activity to protect the member and SELCO from losses.
- Educate existing and potential members on SELCO products and services. Assist internal and external members to answer account-related questions and resolve problems.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
This position requires the following:
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the GVAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing, including through electronic channels.
- Ability to systematically gather, read, retrieve, interpret data, and analyze information to make sound decisions.
- Ability to obtain and apply knowledge acquired through job training and self-study of procedures, online accounting courses, educational webinars.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office and other business systems.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately with a close attention to detail.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance, or successful completion of accounting courses within twelve (12) months of hire date;
- At least one (1) year of experience in a financial institution; and
- Must be bondable.