Credit Analyst II
Whatcom Educational Credit Union (WECU)
WECU is seeking a Credit Analyst II to join our Business Banking team located in Bellingham, WA. The position is a hybrid position. Under the supervision of the Credit Analysis & Loan Operations Manager this position supports Business Banking Loan Officers with the granting and maintaining of sound business loans. The position underwrites commercial real estate and commercial and industrial credits of varying size requiring moderate skill level, including those involving some specialized knowledge. The position also helps ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations. The position requires moderate supervision and direction and acts independently as needed to handle customer inquiries related to the lending process.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Utilize sound judgement and decision making to underwrite commercial real estate and commercial and industrial credits requiring moderate skill level:
- Identify and analyze borrowing need
- Identify and analyze sources of loan repayment
- Identify and analyze risks to loan repayment
- Identify and analyze loan repayment risk mitigants
- Analyze and perform sensitivity analysis on borrower projections
- Assess management strength and depth
- Analyze industry and economic conditions, including borrower competitive position
- Prepare financial statements spreadsheets and perform historical trend and ratio analysis from output.
- Write credit memorandums for new loan opportunities and for review or renewal of existing loan relationships to document the credit request and risk assessment for approval through established loan authority levels.
- Interact with loan officers to gather information relative to a member being analyzed or to discuss issues with the credit.
- Attend joint calls with the loan officer and the member to gather information about the member or credit request.
- Monitor member compliance with financial reporting and loan covenant requirements.
- Monitor borrowing base formula structured loans and report non-compliance and/or adverse trends.
- Ensure that all credit and collateral files contain proper documentation including current financial statements, agency reports, etc.
- Respond to member inquiries about business loans.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Four-year undergraduate degree with a field of study preference in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum 3 years commercial credit analyst experience.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and tax returns and spread and analyze both.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial credit underwriting, including financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral evaluation, and loan structuring.
- Working knowledge of state and federal lending regulations, as they pertain to business lending.
- Knowledge of the SBA 504 and 7(a) Loan Programs preferred.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job
The salary range for this position is from $29.45 to $41.58 per hour.
WECU provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits with premiums for employee coverage paid in full, 401(k) retirement plan with an 8% annual contribution from WECU, bonus plan, two or more weeks of vacation, up to 11 paid holidays, paid life and disability insurance, annual wellness benefit, loan discounts, professional development, and much more.
WECU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has over 130,000 members and over $2.0 billion in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice.
WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We make employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and seek to have the best qualified person in every job. WECU policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws