Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manages the development and execution of Advantis’ internal communications strategy including the development of an annual corporate communications plan.
- Serves as administrator of Advantis intranet platform leveraging technology to continually improve communications and employee engagement.
- Manages corporate communication requests from internal departments. Edits, drafts and aligns messaging with corporate communications standards, goals, and strategy.
- Develops and edits articles and content that aligns with Advantis’ brand for various communication channels including Advantis’ intranet, organization-wide emails, community involvement and internal campaigns.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Advantis’ corporate communications standards; partners with Advantis’ leadership and management team to ensure guidelines are being followed.
- Creates annual internal communications editorial calendar, ensuring that news is aligned with Advantis’ strategic plan.
- Serves as backup for Community Relations Manager and supports crisis communications efforts on behalf of Advantis.
- Promotes employee engagement with the intranet by producing creative content, and story-telling to support our brand position of “passionate advocate.”
- Serves as subject matter expert for Advantis’ strategic communications team. Provides guidance on communications topics and approach and acts as final review for all pieces developed by the team, editing to align with internal communications standards, goals, and strategy.
- May assist with the production of Advantis internal and external videos. Conducts research, develops scripts, schedules production activity and coordinates shoots. Edits video and audio using editing software.
- Collaborates with Advantis’ internal teams to create campaigns that assist in establishing a positive work culture.
- Assists with the development and execution of Advantis’ community relations strategy including Advantis’ employee volunteer program.
- Occasionally attends SEG events to maintain relationships, including new employee orientations, benefit fairs, and golf tournaments.
- Assists with the coordination and tracking of Advantis sponsorships, employee charitable giving match program, and volunteer programs.
- Assists management in coordinating community events, such as fundraisers, volunteer events, and branch grand openings.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or public relations required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a professional communications or public relations environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels within the credit union, the public, and business partner organizations.
- Prior experience drafting and editing corporate communications.
- Prior experience leading or working on community relations or community involvement campaigns.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Basic video production and editing skills preferred.
- Technology savvy and proficient in the use of intranet software applications.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet navigation.
- Excellent, accurate writing skills stressing creativity, composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events and frequently attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Frequent driving to attend events and visit Advantis locations, SEG and vendor meetings. A valid driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle are required.
A Great Place to Work
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
To learn more about Advantis, please click here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.