Core Systems Administrator
SELCO Community Credit Union
Core Systems Administrator
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Work Location: This position is eligible for hybrid onsite and remote work for candidates who meet the requirements
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Benefit eligible: Yes, eligible for full benefits
FSLA status: Exempt
Required schedule/availability: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm
Starting Pay Range: $6,216-$7,126 per month. This position is eligible to earn additional annual incentives.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Core Systems Administrator to join its team. This position is responsible for administering core banking system technologies, including software, hardware, primary and secondary servers and storage, transaction logging server(s), and scheduling/automation software. Works with department leadership to design, document, implement, and maintain system operations standards including failover, disaster recovery, maintenance agreements, release, and service pack management.
The position requires at least three (3) years of system administration experience, and at least one (1) year of experience as an operator or administrator of the Symitar Episys core banking system in an in-house or hosted (EASE) configuration.
To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit: selco.org/why-selco/careers/
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Manage full system operations for assigned systems, including, but not limited to, software updates, system configuration parameters, user configuration, troubleshooting, data backup, and recovery processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise and administer the daily operations of SELCO’s core banking system and related systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and repairs. Consult with data processing provider to define current equipment’s capacity and new equipment requirements (software and hardware) and costs.
- Facilitate the resolution of problems occurring with any aspect of the systems and coordinate with management, specialists, technical personnel, and vendors to resolve problems.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical system resources.
- Provide tier I and II level of technical support for core banking system.
- Maintain the core host system business continuity plan through proper backup and recovery systems and methodology, as well as testing disaster recovery strategies and systems.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Strong system skills as used in core host applications: Symitar/Episys, AIX, Linux, and SMA OpCon.
- Excellent problem-prevention and problem-solving skills with an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including electronic channels.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the Credit Union.
- Ability to understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology field.
- Experience with Jack Henry ARCU & EDS solutions
- Business Analysis Experience
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least three (3) years of system administration experience; and
- At least one (1) year of experience as an operator or administrator of the Symitar Episys core banking system in an in-house or hosted (EASE) configuration; and
- Must be bondable.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, possess excellent analysis skills, be able to design robust solutions, be able to work as part of a team or individually, and also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a passion for learning the business they support.