America's Credit Union
Contact: Ana Roy
Fax: (253) 964-6197
The main responsibilities of this position will be to direct the financial affairs of the credit union and prepare financial analysis of operations, including financial statements with supporting schedules for management and ALM reporting. This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of ACU. Monitors Department policies and procedures and recommends improvements, consults with the Senior Management team, participates in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives, and serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting and other Departments. Ensures accurate internal and external recording and reporting of financial transactions. Oversees budgeting, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed asset management, etc. This position reports directly to the CFO of the credit union.
- Prepare financial statements and provide management information from general ledger and accounts payable; ensure finance needs are met in an efficient manner
- Assists Senior Management in developing short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to determine credit union performance in the areas of profitability, performance against budget and other statistics indicating the financial soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Performs and develops ALM Risk analysis, projections and reporting through ALM modeling software
- Completes financial analyses of cash flow, investment strategies, banking relationships, etc. Develops and implements improvements as appropriate
- Supervises the development and implementation of financial information and control systems, including general leger, budgeting, cost allocation, and other subsystems
- Oversee reconciliation on general ledger accounts and prepaid/fixed asset system
- Oversee cash balances, lines of credit, and banking relationships, recommend investment vehicles and coordinate cash needs with investments
- Coordinates the annual audit; ensures policies are in accordance with evolving accounting regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends
- Completes reports and analyses of departmental and area operations as requested by Management; conducts cost analysis, ratio and trend analysis, and other comparative examinations as appropriate
- Advises department managers regarding accounting entries, reports, and comparative analyses
- Coordinates accounting functions with other departments; interfaces with the IT Department in the development and implementation of efficient systems consistent with new software applications
- Ensures all employees are well informed of accounting policies, procedures, and regulations; facilitates consistency at all levels of accounting operations.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as appropriate
- Serves as a liaison between the Credit Union and external auditors and regulatory authorities
- Represents the Credit Union to various trade professionals and groups while ensuring the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained
- Ensures appropriate levels of confidentiality regarding the Credit Union’s operations
- Maintain the system of accounts and keeps records on all credit union financial transactions and records retention
- Provides leadership to accounting personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
- Assist Accounting staff and other department groups with problem solving and financial goals
- Prepare and assist with policymaking as it pertains to the Accounting Department
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the accounting and finance fields.
- Completes special accounting projects as assigned
- Works directly with the CFO and assists in all areas of the accounting department
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along well with diverse personalities, ability to be tactful, mature, and flexible
- Must be highly motivated, well organized and possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects and multitask in conjunction with normal activities
- Proven problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to meet established priorities and deadlines
- Ability to gather and summarize data for reports; find solutions to various problems and prioritize work
- Participative management style—advocates team concept
- Ability to recognize and support the organizational goals and priorities
- The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have demonstrated financial leadership skills
- This position requires a high level of experience and proficiency using computers and software including Symitar, or similar accounting ERP, Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Adobe
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field with an emphasis in accounting. CPA Preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with increasing complexity in Accounting/Finance
- At least 3+ years as a leader, preferably for a financial institution
If you are interested in this position, please go to our website youracu.org to apply. In order to be considered for the position, a full application must be received.
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.