Advantis Credit Union
Region: Clackamas, OR
Contact: Human Resources
As the Controller you will provide oversight and management over finance and accounting functions and internal controls for the organization. Responsibilities include maintaining reliable financial records, providing financial reporting in compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements, managing the ALM measurement and reporting process, monitoring credit risk for consumer and residential real estate loans and delivering operational efficiency.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. Manages workflow and staff productivity to ensure excellent service to internal customers and members at all times.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and teambuilding skills by engaging employees in process improvement, goal setting, and promoting cooperation among employees and other departments
- The completion of internal and external financial reporting of the Credit Union. Reviews financial reports on an on-going basis to ensure accuracy. Confirms that all accounts are balanced appropriately on a monthly basis. Ensures accounting records and reports are in compliance with GAAP and government regulations.
- Oversight of ALM reporting to ensure the input data is accurate, the assumptions are reasonable and the report information is valid. Assists in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasts. Provides information and analysis to the SVP/CFO with regard to the financial impact of the Credit Union’s short and long-term strategic goals/objectives.
- Oversees financial support to all other credit union departments. Makes recommendations to the SVP/CFO for short and long-term goals of the Accounting department as they relate to the overall objectives of the Credit Union. Provides input to assist in the development of special projects and new services.
- Oversight of the credit risk monitoring of consumer and residential real estate loans and performance of third party originated loans.
- Appraises the organization’s financial position. Issues periodic financial/operating reports that adequately assess and report on the financial condition of the credit union.
- Performs research and analysis to provide management with financial data/recommendations for use in setting and realizing profit objectives. Evaluates financial alternatives and recommends appropriate actions.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial accounting.
- Five or more years’ experience in a leadership position in a financial institution accounting department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, CPA required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting, asset liability management, investments and pricing strategies, all accounting functions, credit union policies, products and services.
- Excellent ability to interpret and accurately apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with an ability to develop employees. Capacity to work well with others and to resolve issues effectively.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.