Freedom Northwest Credit Union
A $430mm Credit Union in North Central Idaho is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated Controller. Join an amazing team and thriving financial institution with stellar financials and strong performance. A successful applicant is expected to work at our Kamiah, ID headquarters or in our beautiful historic location in downtown Lewiston, Idaho.
The Controller is accountable for the financial reporting and accounting administration of the credit union, to include the production of periodic financial reports and oversight of accounting records.
Responsible for directing, coordinating, and maintaining an accounting system that properly reflects the Credit Union’s financial position. Prepares reports for Senior Management, the board of directors, external auditors, and government agencies. Oversees budgeting, day to day financial accounting, ATM balancing, investment accounting, and accounting information systems.
- Mentor, develop, and lead the Accounting Team.
- Oversee daily finance and accounting operations.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports (5300 Call Report). Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the financial position to various regulatory agencies.
- Research and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Responsible for budget preparation and forecasting.
- Supervises the development and implementation of financial information and control systems, including general ledger, budgeting, and loan/deposit/investment accounting.
- Manage all Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets functions.
- Perform and oversee general ledger entries and perform reconciliations.
- Direct interaction as needed with external auditors and regulatory authorities.
- Manage quarterly ALM/ALLL/Concentration Risk processing, reporting, and analysis.
- Prepare financial statements, variance reporting, and other required reporting.
- Ensures that policies are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, accounting principles, and industry trends.
- Assist CEO to develop, maintain, and monitor internal controls and policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Knowledge, Duties, and Skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Must have high integrity and personal ethics and be willing to perform duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Implement new accounting standards (CECL).
- Interface with Information Technology personnel in the development and implementation of efficient accounting procedures consistent with new applications.
- Serve as FEDLINE Local Administrator.
- Maintain and control subsidiary ledgers.
- Analyze and monitor daily cash management.
- Onboard new employees regarding payroll and benefits. Process payroll bi-monthly through our vendor ensuring it is processed accurately and within required timelines.
- Serve as Credit Union’s liaison with our 401(k) vendor and staff. Ensure compliant reporting.
- Submit monthly and/or quarterly submissions for Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) eligible loans. Ensure FHLB checklists, procedures, and monthly/quarterly reports remain compliant with reporting and pledging requirement updates made by the Federal Home Loan Bank. Lead liaison handling FHLB audits.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- A minimum of 5 years of Financial Institution Accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
If interested, please submit resume to: email@example.com.
Freedom Northwest Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please log in before posting jobs.