Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a hybrid full-time salaried Content Marketing Strategist to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. The Marketing Content Strategist is responsible for the strategy development and execution for content across the organization’s relevant channels, including, but not limited to, social media profiles, blog, vlog, podcasts, web events, and paid media to help our organization grow and provide even greater value to our member-owners. This position will plan, research, produce, publish, and promote content through the lens of customer-centric storytelling. Operates as a brand steward, ensuring consistency in the brand’s voice and tone, storytelling, and identity across the entire spectrum of marketing and communications.
Compensation:$63,345.00to $87,150.00 salary – Depending on experience
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM – Full Time- Hybrid
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Job Functions: Marketing, Advertising, Creative, Design
Typical Job Duties
- Develop and implement communication channels that support the social media strategy, achieves audience growth and engagement, and enhances the organization’s brand and reputation both internally and externally.
- Write, curate, and distribute content for the organization’s relevant channels.
- Build keyword-driven strategic content, marrying strategy and keyword analytics using Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Monitor online conversations, provide community management by responding to or assigning comment responses, identify opportunities to collaborate with influencers, monitoring, measuring, and reporting on performance of the program.
- Manage and administrate third-party vendor relationships, including, but not limited to internal vendor management requirements, problem resolution, system enhancements, and recommendations for future systems and services beneficial to growth objectives.
- Conduct research and interviews with internal executives and subject matter experts to create, produce, and distribute thought leadership content that supports the positive reputation, awareness, and positions the organization as an industry leader others seek to emulate.
- Implement an ambassador program to foster staff engagement with and contribution to social media and communication content.
- Collaborate with creative, product, marketing, DEIB, compliance/legal, and others on content ideas and increase understanding to ensure content is aligned with the organization’s brand and messaging, assesses project needs, and meets regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current social media documents including no less than annual updates to the Social Media Program, social media Policy, Risk Assessment, and staff training programs. Assist in the completion of a biennial social media audit and implementation of mutually agreed-upon and regulatory required changes.
This role may be right for you if you enjoy growing others and building a positive workplace. You pride yourself on leading by example and communicating clear expectations. Your previous employers praise your ability to recommend products to help customers reach their goals, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to create a lasting impact through improving and streamlining efficiencies. Your friends consider you approachable and tactful, and your family is proud of your passion to help the community and those around you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business Communications, or related field.
- Three years plus of Business to Business and Business to Consumer content strategy development experience across all content types (blog, vlog, podcasts, video, direct mail, web, sales, public relations, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Two years plus direct responsibility for content strategy development and execution processes
- Two years plus demonstrated successful experience with content distribution, including a comprehensive understanding of email, social, and paid media.
- Two years plus demonstrated experience gathering qualitative and quantitative data and applying it to drive effective decision making in the content planning process.
- Proficiency with basic design software, such as Adobe Express.
- Intermediate or greater proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Additional education or experience in copywriting, journalism and/or public relations.
What We Offer
Not only are we one of the largest credit unions in Washington State, and growing, we are also a company that cares about its employees. We back that up for our employees by offering competitive pay and a benefits package that helps support you and your family’s lifestyle. We value our employees, and we strive to keep our benefits comprehensive and affordable. Some of our benefits include:
- Free onsite parking
- Annual time off and sick time accrued
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Choose from a PPO medical plan or a High Deductible with a Health Savings Account
- 3% KCU funded Safe Harbor Contribution to your 401K
- KCU will match up to 2% of your 401K contributions
- All 401K contributions are 100% vested
- Potential annual incentive in all roles within Kitsap Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Discounts on KCU’s products and services
- Paid Care.com membership including back up childcare reimbursement
- Paid RethinkCare subscription, a personal wellness and professional resilience program
We believe in the power of belonging – it’s in our DNA as a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Our un-bank-like structure ensures that we remain all about people: our members, our employees, and the people in the communities where we live and work. We work hard to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment where you can grow and excel in your career.
We are dedicated to serving our members by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. But it goes much deeper than that. For more than 86 years, we have been relentless about making a positive difference in our communities. We understand that when our members and communities succeed, we all succeed, and that success can’t happen without great employees. If this is the kind of organization, you’re looking for.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******